Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How many of you plan on shooting does >

How many of you plan on shooting does

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many of you plan on shooting does

Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Apparently you are.I killed 4 doe in TL with 4 dmap tags.We have it broken into two different units so you can kill two per unit.I also killed a buck in 2G and two more dmap dor on public land.All of that took place in 2G.I killed 6 doe and one buck last year,all in 2G.

According to you,2G is the best place to hunt.No wait,it has the lowest dd and lowest success rates so it's the worst unit.Make up you mind chief.Is it as bad as you claim or as good as you claim?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only day I took off of work to hunt last year was the first day of rifle and I didn't kill a deer that day.I shot a doe before work one morning in TL and another one after work.All the rest were killed on saturdays.During archery season,I usually try and get to work by 10:00am once a week or blow off early(by 3:00pm) once a week.Most weeks it doesn't happen so I'm usually stuck just getting to go out on saturdays.Other than the first day of bear and the first day of rifle season,I haven't taken a vacation day to hunt in over 15 years.I definately have less time to hunt than most people.I squeeze some time in when I can all year to scout.This past sunday I spent the entire day from,about 9:00am top 3:30pm out in the pouring rain scoutiong.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
So you killed 6 doe in 2G , 4 in TL plus a buck for a total of 11 deer ,yet you claim you don't have much time to hunt or scout. You also said it was hard hunting in TL due to the pressure, but it is easy on SFL with little hunting pressure. Whose talking out of both sides of their mouth.
I never claimed it was hard to kill a deer in TL or any oyther place for that matter.I said it takes me less time to fill my tags on public land but make nmistake about it,it's not hard to kill a deer in TL.It is however,not as easy as most expect it to be,Regardless,I find it very easy to find and kill deer on a consistant basis.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

So , like I said , you benefit from the high deer density in TL and the low hunting pressure in 2G.

How many of the other 26K hunters who got a doe tag in 2G could harvest 6 doe ? How many of those 26K hunters could harvest just one doe and keep the herd stable?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

You make absolutely no sense.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

In other words , you can't face the cold hard fact that you are benefiting from the PGC's mismanagement of our herd ,which you support because it benefits you

If just 600 other 2G hunters harvested 6 DMAP doe in archery, over half of the sustainable doe available to be harvested ,would be harvested before archers ever set foot in the woods!!!

Last edited by bluebird2; 10-01-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

No. I will not shoot a doe this year. This management plan sux.

District: 3-59-1

County: Tioga WMU: 3-A WCO: Rich Shire

BLACK BEAR: Everyone here is talking about the bears they are seeing. With the very short three-day season, hunters need to do some major preseason scouting. Check with local farmers, especially any with standing corn in their fields. Bear hunting will be excellent again this season if the weather cooperates. Your help with controlling the bear population would be appreciated.

DEER: The deer population is still below where it could be, especially in the big woods south of State Route 6. The long antlerless seasons and DMAP Program have
produced the desired effect. Deer numbers are down, but forest regeneration is up.
I would rate the deer hunting in WMU 2G as poor and in WMU 3A, fair to good.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 10-01-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

No. I will not shoot a doe this year.
Unless this bony old crippled up barren doe gets in front of me. If she does, her misery ends. I've seen her at least a dozen times since May. Hopefully she cooperates in October.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
Apparently you are.I killed 4 doe in TL with 4 dmap tags.We have it broken into two different units so you can kill two per unit.I also killed a buck in 2G and two more dmap dor on public land.All of that took place in 2G.I killed 6 doe and one buck last year,all in 2G.

According to you,2G is the best place to hunt.No wait,it has the lowest dd and lowest success rates so it's the worst unit.Make up you mind chief.Is it as bad as you claim or as good as you claim?
doug talks cheap so can you post a few pictures of all these deer you shot last year id love to see the buck and a few doe thanks

Last edited by bowhunter2117; 10-01-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

No Mike,shooting a deer isn't a religeous experience for me.I've killed dozens and haven't taken a picture of one one in years.You personally know three of the guys that come up and hunt with me.I'm sure all three of them would have no problems verifying what they've seen me kill.I know Mike F took a picture of the bucks he shot but I'm not aware of any pictures of the 7 or 8 doe that they killed.

Aren't you in the same archery club as Todd,Mike and Jim?Todd pulled in my driveway on a friday right after I got home with a 10 point.The next year,Mike was with me when I killed a 9 point on the last morning of archery season.Last year I killed a 7 point that they didn't see but they did see the rack.Todd and Jim hunted accross from my house with their bows on the last day of rifle season last year and saw me bring doe back from Sinnemahoning.Sorry,I don't generally take pictures of any of the game I shoot but I do have plenty of people you have access to that can back up everything I say.You called me out about the trail cam pictures and I sent them to you in the mail.Talk to those guys.You want their numbers?I'll see all three of them tonight.You can talk to them with me there if you like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.