Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How many of you plan on shooting does >

How many of you plan on shooting does

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many of you plan on shooting does

Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to shoot 3 or 4 a year in 5c/5d Bucks county. In the Big woods of 3D pike county I buy a Doe tag but never use it. The deer #'s are way down in my area of 3D

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you read through this thread it is plan to see that as terrain changes so do peoples outlook on the number of does that need removed, or the number that need saved.
Diversity is what has gotten PA into these "deer wars" diversity among hunters, land owners and deer managers.
With all of the different points of view its clear to me that we a far from hearing the last from either side on this issue.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Banned

Jim you are right diversity got us into this mess. But not diversity among hunters...

The econuts getting control of our gameless commission and making extreme unnatural levels of BIO-diversity the goal with our deer management plan.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got 1 of 6,000 "antlerless" tags in WMU M - NH, like I do every year, but never seem to use it. Maybe it's my way of keeping the population up...

I was tempted last year with a huge Doe in my Muzzle loader scope. I bet she would have dressed over 160 lbs. I kept bringing the scope up thinking it had to have antlers!!!

Something of a monarch of the woods... If I hadn't shot 2 bucks prior to seeing her I probably would have taken the crafty old Doe??!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats alot of slim jims
Old 08-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Spike

Talking

i plan on one
Old 08-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

i have two doe tags right now for 5A...and for those that dont know...there are a lot of poachers in this area and not many deer left

so i doubt that i will shoot a doe at all...maybe one a little away from home where my buddy saw 17 last year and didnt shoot a single one of them....so whenever i go with him i might shoot one or two of those does...but not the ones where i hunt from
Old 08-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowtruck
Thats alot of slim jims
Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool

Originally Posted by J Pike
I plan on shooting 5 as early as possible during bow season in OH. and 0 in PA. Pike
At a boy, c'mon and kill em just like ya done in PA and wiped out the herd. Course ya' got to be able to find Ohio to hunt it........Onliest diff is we actually have a lot of deer here as opposed to????????? Course my camp is addn up tags now so in PA ,might get a taste of deer whacking yaself and especially w/ the new Xbow regs I don't beleive you will see any deer left in PA when all us un sophisticated, untrustworthy Xbow hunters hit the woods. I'm a hopin to have all my tags filled afore rut so I can concentrate on a big un!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

I've taken doe before and got some tags for them this year. I go for bucks first, but will harvest a doe if its a decent size animal. I mainly hunt 2 properties: one my family owns and is loaded with deer, I got 1 dmp tag I can use and won't hesitate to use it. Other property is owned by a friend and he uses it for tree farming so he gives us 5 doe landowner tags and primary reason he lets us hunt is he wants deer gone regardless of sex. his herd is pretty decimated, years ago it was over-hunted. We will fill a tag or 2 there mainly to keep him happy and to give him some venison, but are actually the last few years seeing some growth in the herd so are careful not to overharvest, we just don't mention to him when we pass on a shot. Big racks are nice, but not everything for me. Yea I mounted my first buck cause it was a good size 10pt compared to most we see around the area, but its not all about horns for me, don't need another wall decoration or 400 dollar taxidermy bill. I like to challenge myself to accomplish a different goal year to year. So far I've harvested 5 deer (3 bucks, 2 does) in 4 seasons, 1 with a bow, 4 with shotgun, 0 with black powder. I'd like to try to take one with my muzzle loader this year and other goal would be another with the bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.