Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How many of you plan on shooting does >

How many of you plan on shooting does

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many of you plan on shooting does

Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

so after 8 years of statewide HR , you have personally mismanaged your herd so that you now need 32 DMAP tags to control the herd. it doesn't get much funnier than that. You obviously are totally clueless!!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
so after 8 years of statewide HR , you have personally mismanaged your herd so that you now need 32 DMAP tags to control the herd. it doesn't get much funnier than that. You obviously are totally clueless!!
Seems to me that a guy criticizing another hunter for mismanaging land he's never set foot on, don't know the size, terrain, habitat, , herd size, or forage base is the clueless one
Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope i do believe you are the clueless one thou. I plant many acres of corn, clover,grasses, for the deer .
I have got dmaps for years. I control my deer herd to decent numbers. Since you dont know my land you are making dumb assumptions Again.
I have never found a winter kill, the deer look healthy . according to the pa forester
that was at my place on monday the forest looks good .
BY the looks of the five bucks running around in the one clover field. We might just have a awesome season.
but good luck this year BB god only knows you need it
Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

you are 100% right btb

Maybe i should invite Bb up to survey it out for me. Let the bird set me in the right direction.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE]nope i do believe you are the clueless one thou. I plant many acres of corn, clover,grasses, for the deer .[/QUOTE

Do you harvest any of the corn,clover and grasses that you raise?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

That doesnt matter because. For soil erosion everything that does get harvested like corn, oats,sorghum has to cover crop planted when old crops harvested. So hybrid turnips, winter rye 50/50 mixes of stuff all get rotated in late summer threw fall
Old 08-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bowtruck
never said i wouldnt use a one or not report. The guys that hunt on me will get some of the dmap coupons already said that. Gave away 15 the youngens all get two. And by what i am seeing all the adults will get one. some chose to use regular doe tag. But i want about21 to 25 doe killed this year. I do what i want as long as i am not breaking any laws.. to the best of my knowledge. atleast now that i am getting older.

My bad. I went back and reread carefully how you worded you statement. I thought you had stated that you applied for 32 dmaps with no plans of filling them...which didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

NJ early archery you have to tag a doe before a buck
Old 08-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

If all goes well I'll shoot 6 does this season.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

If I knock a bull elk down in Montana this year, I won't be taking any does. I get about 200 lbs. of meat out of one of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.