Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
? for those from PA >

? for those from PA

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

? for those from PA

Old 08-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default ? for those from PA

Hello friends,
I just went online and purchased my Pa Non Resident hunting license for this season. I got the non resident hunting license and my archery license. I have not been to PA to hunt since 2001, just a couple months after my Old hunting pal (my Father) died. He had a great place we hunted for years in susquehanna county. A few month later his wife sold it, I was in no position at the time to buy.
So ok... now back to today. I want to go back and hunt Pa with my bow. I am not really concerned with killing does, since here in NJ I can shoot 1 a day.
Here is my question.... since it has been a few years, am I reading this right? If I kill a buck with my bow, then I am done? I can not kill an additional buck with the rifle or muzzle loader?
Thanks for your help.
DW
Old 08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats right we are a one and your done state.

But their are some dandy's, Good luck to ya.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Spike

thats it one buck per season, and better check on where you want to hunt because of antler restrictions 3 or 4 points on at least one side depending on area you are hunting.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks fellas.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Spike

Can you kill as many does as you like?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by meowmix
Can you kill as many does as you like?

You must have an antlerless license or DMAP permit for each antlerless deer. These are area specific. It is possible to "kill as many does as you like" in certain areas where supply exceeds demand for antlerless licenses.