Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
XBow Exclusionists here is a little sumpin sumpin for ya' to chew on >

XBow Exclusionists here is a little sumpin sumpin for ya' to chew on

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

XBow Exclusionists here is a little sumpin sumpin for ya' to chew on

Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

No, I do support sound scientific wildlife management but I do not support your pseudo-science.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
It's amazing how these highly adaptable animals are incapable of surviving without our intervention. I wonder how they ever made it on their own before we arrived on the scene. The indians must have been good game managers.
Back in the days before the early settlers altered the natural ecosystem there were Native Americans, mountain lions, large packs of coyotes, and occasional fires that burned for days, weeks or even months. Those fires often helped improve the habitat and wildlife populations in some areas. Those factors all helped control deer and other keystone species populations to the limits of the habitat and during the periods when they failed to control the populations to the habitat the winters and natural recruitment rates brought their numbers back down to the habitat limits. That is the way nature works, even when some people do fail to beleive or understand it.

Now though we don’t have all of those natural limiting factors so we have to use hunters to a greater advantage to do what those once natural forces did. The problem though is that some hunters aren’t smart enough to understand how nature really works so they fight the concepts used in scientific management intended to simulate natural population controls and end up hurting the best future for our resources including the deer they are trying to protect.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 07-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
No, I do support sound scientific wildlife management but I do not support your pseudo-science.
Something about your posts tells me you wouldn’t know or recognize sound scientific management or principles even if they flew up your nose.

It is obvious you don't understand how nature really works so I doubt you could possibly understand scientific wildlife management in any form.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

"another conspiracy going on corny"

nope bowtruck. I dont subscribe to conspiracy theories. Never have never will. I base all my positions on facts. The guy came straight out and said he supports the deer slaughter program. Putnam our other new commissioner also supports it and his mentor who he spoke highly of and valued his views and management philosophies...said deer were "mountain maggots". What more is there to say?? I dont know about you, but that points strongly in the direction of "antideer". Course Pallone shleiden hill etc werent antideer either to some! lol.

Rsb, you take the most basic of common sense concepts, things that NOONE disagrees with, then twist them into a pretzal. You twist them so grossly that the basic fundamentals are barely recognizable... Then when people dont agree with you, you go right back to the basics and claim noone understands the basics. lmao.

The only one who doesnt understand something very basic is YOU. You simply refuse to accept that people arent interested in the econut agenda and all it entails....and never will be. You cannot summarize our position as misinformed as to the basics blah blah blah... When the reason we disagree has nothing at all to do with them. But everything to do with saving our "way of life" from a bunch of new-age thinking enviro-morons who are trying to cram this complete unsupported nonsense down our throats wether we like it or not.

The "crackpots' have been predicting the end of the world in Pa because of deer for many decades. They did so when the herd was just beginning to grow, they did all througout our history. Their current whining and yelping is nothing new, and its no more worthy of being taken serious than it was back when Latham was getting the boot in his backside out the pgc door because of it! And that is EXACTLY what is needed now. Pgc needs to be de-Lathamed. lmao.

Nothing but a bunch of extreme alarmist clowns who should join the circus instead of trying to dictate deer management to the masses. Noone is saying we need "too many" deer. But we sure as hell dont need so many less than the cc and that of other similar states as well, when there is absolutely no good reason for it.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 07-20-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

rsb is right pa hunters are retards.you should all go back to school and learn scientific management.then you will see we will soon have to hunt with clubs no guns.you hit a tree with lead tree goes dead.you walk on baby tree tree goes dead we can not keep killing our trees like this.we got to kill the deer cuz deer eat tree tree goes dead.we have to save our trees.you see i like the pgc they saved me alot of money when my wife and 2 kids stoped hunting.you ask Y they stoped i will try to put it so retards can understand.no deer=no hunters no ringnecks=no hunters.soon it will be no hunters=lots of money for them in wood.we need wood for the Xbows
Old 07-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by shump
rsb is right pa hunters are retards.you should all go back to school and learn scientific management.then you will see we will soon have to hunt with clubs no guns.you hit a tree with lead tree goes dead.you walk on baby tree tree goes dead we can not keep killing our trees like this.we got to kill the deer cuz deer eat tree tree goes dead.we have to save our trees.you see i like the pgc they saved me alot of money when my wife and 2 kids stoped hunting.you ask Y they stoped i will try to put it so retards can understand.no deer=no hunters no ringnecks=no hunters.soon it will be no hunters=lots of money for them in wood.we need wood for the Xbows
Old 07-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

lots of money for them in wood.we need wood for the Xbows
blkpwdr now you know the entire conspiracy we Xbow users have been working on all these years.......More Xbow users in the woods! I wondered how long we could perpetrate this conspiracy before we got caught. Everyone using a Xbow of course is involved, darn you super compound hunters w/ all the knowledge, orgs., polls and agendas finnally uncovered us! Xbow hunters that want equal time in the woods darn us....
Old 07-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
Crossbow curb likely blunted
New game panelist would block ruling
Friday, July 17, 2009
By John Hayes, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"At this point, I am in favor of full inclusion of crossbows. I have done my homework, talking with professionals in the Game Commission and related conservation organizations within the state, and I'm convinced this is not a resource issue.
There is a resource issue and that resource is MONEY which the PAGC is desperate for and apparently willing to allow their want for it to exclusively dictate their policies time and time again.
The resource will not be affected by the addition of crossbows."
A longtime archer, Martone said impact of the crossbow harvest will be monitored.

"If the numbers prove there's reason for concern, we'll go back and review the inclusion of crossbows, not the six-week archery season," he said.
I LOVE THIS! Let's fix what isn't broken and then do damage control when we screw up what we cannot be certain of. Hasn't the tail wagged the dog long enough? The typical norm we have come to expect.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by R.S.B.
Something about your posts tells me you wouldn’t know or recognize sound scientific management or principles even if they flew up your nose.

It is obvious you don't understand how nature really works so I doubt you could possibly understand scientific wildlife management in any form.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Whether or not any of us understand wildlife mgmt. in any form at this point is irrelevant in Pa. What SOME of us do understand tho is the fact that Pa. has been whiped off the map in the hunting world and the only way to put it back on the map is to produce antler growth. Greed once again ruined what was almost perfect (my opinion) about the Pa. hunting season,,in hopes that the bigger deer would draw the attention of the high dollar hunters. I feel that Pa. has been set back at least another 10 yrs due to HR and the current outlook on the overall herd health!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned

Best part of all...even though we ALL know what is hurting hunter recruitment and retention here, over and above other states... And pgc knows the deer plan is a huge flop as far as hunter satisfaction. Seems they would rather spend MORE money to ignore the real issue. They are gonna implement a human dimensions group! lol. One that will need to be staffed and paid to look into how people feel about deer management. lol. They are also proposing doing surveys etc..

Just what we need, even more of our money flushed away while ignoring the real problem. Then having ridiculous surveys done polling 1000 people which are sure to first and foremost include the environmentalist hacks and throw in a couple of "hunters" from yes men groups like penn fed for good measure... Then tell us the findings show "not enough time to hunt" as the reasons for hunter decline. lmao.

Then we also have on the strategic management plan for the next five years, pgcs pledge of attaining alternate funding and a "cola" implemented with it.

This malcontent agency needs demolished with a wrecking ball, like, yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.