Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A pic of woods

Old 07-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
It is laughable to think that the landscaping comes anywhere close to making up for the amount of habitat lost due to homes, driveways and roads. In order to make a fair comparison between DD in TL compared to 2G , one would have to compare a SM of suitable habitat in TL,minus roads and houses, to a SM of forested habitat in 2g.
I'll guarantee you that the lanscaping provides more browse than what would be there otherwise.There's definately more browse in the form of lanscaping in each yard compared to the amount of browse inthe vacant lots next door.Our last browse impact
Old 07-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your guarantee isn't worth as much as a wooden nickel. Claiming that a few shrubs would provide as much year round food as an acre or two of woods is simply ridiculous. A few deer can wipe out the browse provided by shrubbery in a few nights and then there is nothing left for the deer to eat.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

What year round food does a 75'x150' wooded lot with no understory provide?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

More than a half dozen shrubs. BTW, if the deer ate it, why would you expect to see it?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all,the vast majority of houses have literally dozens of shrubs.How many shrubs or how many lbs of year round food will a lot that size produce?Nevermind,I'll answer it for you.Practically none.As time goes on,your extreme desire to have more deer than practical for the habitat is clouding your judgment.I seriously hope you aren't considering to be the USP spokeperson for the next lion attack on the Amish.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all,the vast majority of houses have literally dozens of shrubs.How many shrubs or how many lbs of year round food will a lot that size produce?
Only a fool would believe that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs every year for the deer to eat. Is that what you do? If so you are dumber than a stump.

BTW, do you have any idea what percentage of a deers winter diet is comprised of dead leaves? Do you know the composition of a deers spring and summer diet?

How many does PSM of suitable habitat,were harvested in TL in 2007 and 2008?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only a fool would believe that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs every year for the deer to eat.

Where did anyone say that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs every year FOR THE DEER TO EAT??

I see where it was said that the vast majority of houses have dozens of shrubs. Once again, your serious lack of reading comprehension is exceded only by the incredible amount of inaccurate posts.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I recall , Doug said that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs very year because the deer killed the original shrubs by over browsing. If the property owners continue to plant shrubs that deer browse, then they are planting shrubs for the deer to eat. It is just that simple!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I recall , Doug said that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs very year because the deer killed the original shrubs by over browsing. If the property owners continue to plant shrubs that deer browse, then they are planting shrubs for the deer to eat. It is just that simple!!!

Or maybe they plant the shrubs because they like the way they look, smell, spruce up the yard, give curb appeal, etc, etc, etc,........... Where was it stated that the property owners are CONTINUING TO REPLANT the shrubs that are eaten? Remember, reading comprehension 101. Not as simple ,simple, is it?

Last edited by crokit; 07-20-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you dumb enough to spend the money to buy shrubs you know the deer will eat and expend the effort to plant them year after year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.