Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Eastern shore Maryland hunting >

Eastern shore Maryland hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Eastern shore Maryland hunting

Old 07-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up Eastern shore

Without getting into a Pissing Match, I said there was Exceptions to the Rule ( Norm ) . I also have Had good Luck with Public Land In Marland in Central Maryland.
I also Don't hunt Md any more , I have a Farm in Delaware and am keeping tabs on a Moster this year. I have Trail camras out .
our season starts Archery Sept 1.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Spike

Default eastcoast sby

Originally Posted by mjw176
Hello,
I am doing some research on the Eastern shore region of Maryland because I am being offered a job position in Salisbury,MD. I am unsure of what to expect from the transition from the Central PA region.
I am not finding much as of sportsman's clubs to get involved with so I can have a local place to chat with fellow sportsmen,shoot my bow and guns.
I am also not sure if I will have a difficult time finding open areas to be able to hunt. I seem to locate hunt clubs by I really want to live here and not pay per day to hunt in a place.
I don't know if you could point me in the right direction as of organizations to join in the area and how the hunting of Turkey and deer ranks as far as the population and the available huntable lands that can be offered. By looking at maps the area seems to be abundant of farms and woods but for the most part do farmers allow hunting and are the woods extremely thick compared to the hardwoods of PA?
Thank you,
Mike
Mike , The shore can be a selfish place.I run a guide service here in eden.There are spots that popup for members in the papers . Also plenty of state land.Give me a call when you get here I will show you where to go.
Matt 410-726-0917
www.collinswharfhuntranch.com
Old 08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Spike

Default reply to mike

Mike , The shore can be a selfish place.I run a guide service here in eden.There are spots that popup for members in the papers . Also plenty of state land.Give me a call. When you get here I will show you where to go.I have lived here my entire life.You could be a refernce for my farm.I might even have a new spot to rent.Make sure you check out our site. on camospace im collinswharf as well as monsterbuckprofiles pretty much all sites.
Matt 410-726-0917
www.collinswharfhuntranch.com
Old 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default Maryland hunter says yes to good hunting here

I hunt the shore. I will tell you this. Anyone in Md. who is seeking that buck of a life time knows that it will be with out doubt, found on the eastern shore. Pocomoke is a great place to start. Md. Rt.113 off of Rt.50. Stay close to the river and bring your hip waders for the BIG BOYS my friend. Hunters helping Hunters- Keep it real and have fun!

Last edited by realhunter64; 08-24-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by realhunter64
I hunt the shore. I will tell you this. Anyone in Md. who is seeking that buck of a life time knows that it will be with out doubt, found on the eastern shore. Pocomoke is a great place to start. Md. Rt.113 off of Rt.50. Stay close to the river and bring your hip waders for the BIG BOYS my friend. Hunters helping Hunters- Keep it real and have fun!

I also know that there are some true giants roaming around in SOMD, Indian Head is a good area as well as over on the other side of 301 otu towards Cobbs. There may not be as many bruisers here as up there around Pocomoke, but there are a few hiding in the bushes!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Spike

Unhappy

I was out to the Pokomoke forest today for a walk. The place is surely different, lots of sand and pine needles. when I got back to the truck my ankle shoes and socks was full of little brownish looking bugs,I hope they are not deer ticks.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Spike

Default clubs

I am making my final move to Salisbury next week. I would like to know if there are any clubs that I can join to make friends and shoot my bow and gun at in the area. i am moving from an area that offered me many sportsmens clubs that I could just talk hunting and shoot bows and guns at. I mostly would like to make a friend or two that enjoys hunting as much as I do.

Mike
Old 10-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like I may be moving there in a few years. Keep us posted.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Spike

I would be happy to turn you onto a few nice spots to hunt public land... gun season can get crazy but archery and blackpowder is lots better ... I live in Berlin and work in Salisbury , send me an email and I'll get up with ya ...

We do have a few nice hogs running around here
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Cabin available

Hi, If anyone is interested we've got a hunting cabin available on 68 acres of private wooded waterfront property in the Chesconessex area on the Eastern Shore of Virginia not too far from Salisbury. We have a heard of deer with several large bucks that we see on the field daily plus turkey, fox, waterfowl, etc... We call it Deerfield Lodge, it sleeps 9 comfortably. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/778596 or contact me through this site if you're interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.