Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!! >

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
My son and grandson each drew 2G tags today out of Tioga County Treasurers Office.

Now. Can you please tell me how the PGC decided those 2 tag allocations were warranted?
Assuming as your post suggests, they got them as walk-ins, If thats the case the possible answers are pretty obvious.
Whats the point of your question?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

"Of course the PGC can always use the $$ since the mouthy minority blackmail has stalled a license increase".

BTB, please do not tell me you feel the hunters of this state do not deserve to se an occasional audit of the PGC just to keep them honest.Without suchs checks and balances,who will they be accountable to ?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Assuming as your post suggests, they got them as walk-ins, If thats the case the possible answers are pretty obvious.
Whats the point of your question?
Walk ins? Holy smokes. There truly isn't any hope.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Walk ins? Holy smokes. There truly isn't any hope.

You're right. There apparently isnt any for you. I guess you didnt know that certain landowners, active military and disabled vets can walk in any time. Maybe you should brush up on the regs? The way you worded your question left the suggestion that they got them today. Did they get them by mail after having applied the way most of us do? I simply asked for a clarification of your question. By the way, was there a point to your question at all or are you trying to Bluebird the thread too?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Spike

It's a simple enough concept for anyone with elementary school math skills.

The PGC calculates how many antlerless license it takes to generate a harvested deer for each WMU. RSB has posted those ratios here before

The number of tags it takes to generate a harvested deer varies between WMU's. The PGC calculates the desired harvest and simply applies the tags needed per harvest ratio to get the kill they want.

So in 2B they are trying to kill how many deer if they are giving out 68000 tags? Yet they only sold 367 so far? If there are so many deer there from their allocation numbers,why are the sales so low?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Typical Buck

Who can tell me the percent of doe tag revenue that goes to PGC, as revenues are declared to be divided amongst the counties comprising the WMU's based upon the amount of land constituted by each county within each WMU.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
Who can tell me the percent of doe tag revenue that goes to PGC, as revenues are declared to be divided amongst the counties comprising the WMU's based upon the amount of land constituted by each county within each WMU.

Till this year, The State got 5 bucks. The county treasureres got a buck. I believe PALS gets the other .70

In the past, the tags were allocated by WMU to each county treasurer based on their percentag of land in each WMU.

Also not sure how the county treasurers get their share now but the best guess I can come up with is that they get a buck for the ones they process. Depending on which treasurers the hunters send to, I'd think that the revenue could shift around a bit this year for the treasurers.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cvtrapper
So in 2B they are trying to kill how many deer if they are giving out 68000 tags? Yet they only sold 367 so far? If there are so many deer there from their allocation numbers,why are the sales so low?
Obviously you are either very young or you don't live in PA.

SRA's are the last to sell for the same reasons that they have so many tags.

Land access is limited
It takes far more tags to harvest a deer in SRA's
Demand for 2B and other SRA's is lower especially early when a hunter must choose only one. They apply for the high demand areas first. 2B tags will still be readily available when most others have been snapped up.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 AM
Typical Buck

You're right. There apparently isnt any for you. I guess you didnt know that certain landowners, active military and disabled vets can walk in any time. Maybe you should brush up on the regs? The way you worded your question left the suggestion that they got them today. Did they get them by mail after having applied the way most of us do? I simply asked for a clarification of your question. By the way, was there a point to your question at all or are you trying to Bluebird the thread too?
Yea I knew that certain landowners and military personel could walk in. My son and grandson fall into neither of those categories.

Now, could you explain how the PGC came to the conclusion that their two anterless tags were warranted? I mean with the possibility of several thousand hunters buying tags and burning them, several thousand more hunters buying tags and using them and not sending in harvest reports, another possible several thousand hunters buying tags and using them and sending in their report cards, along with several other scenarios, how can current allocations be based on last years harvest? It's a game of chance.

Now would you kindly answer the question? How does the PGC base current year allocations based on a previous years harvest?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I knew that certain landowners and military personel could walk in. My son and grandson fall into neither of those categories.

Now, could you explain how the PGC came to the conclusion that their two anterless tags were warranted? I mean with the possibility of several thousand hunters buying tags and burning them, several thousand more hunters buying tags and using them and not sending in harvest reports, another possible several thousand hunters buying tags and using them and sending in their report cards, along with several other scenarios, how can current allocations be based on last years harvest? It's a game of chance.

Now would you kindly answer the question? How does the PGC base current year allocations based on a previous years harvest?
It's not a game of chance. It's the science of statistical analysis. Just as a TV network can accurately predict the winner of an election with just a few percent of the votes actually counted, the PGC can accurately predict both the deer population and needed harvest with the information they have. Better reporting rates might make things easier but the bottom line is that it is relativley easy to make predictions with only a small sample of most anything.

If you're asking, as the bird is, for a rehash of the formula the PGC uses, do an archive search. I'm not wasting time digging up old news so that he or you can twist and spin the numbers to his own agenda all over again. If you wish to dispute the methodolgy for determining tag allocations, produce the data yourself and then explain the alleged flaws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.