Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do you have to display PA license >

Do you have to display PA license

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do you have to display PA license

Old 07-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default Do you have to display PA license

Are we still required to display the "new" style license on our back?

On page 84 of the digest under display it says you must have it on your person not displayed on your back.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by darbydog
Are we still required to display the "new" style license on our back?

On page 84 of the digest under display it says you must have it on your person not displayed on your back.

At the time the digest was being printed it was known that there was pending legislation that would no longer require the hunting license to be displayed. The wording in the digest was actually left being kind of inconclusive because it wasn’t known if the law was going to change or not. So far the law has not changed and very well might not change unless the Legislature moves on it soon.

Presently the Law says the license must be displayed. But there is no wording on the new license saying it has to be displayed on the back, as the old license said. So, presently you still have to display the license, by law, but it no longer has to be on your back.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Spike

Hey RSB Thanks for the reply, but if it says it must be on your person, if its in your pocket wouldn't that be on your person. I'm not sure that you have to display it by law if it isn't clearly state so.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Go with RSB's advice.

Doesn't matter what it says in the digest about license display (digest also says it is not the final word, only a digest of the regs, p5), because the statute still says the license must be displayed and that hasn't changed yet.

Last edited by DennyF; 07-11-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

Another shocker ? Only our beloved PGC would design a new license,sell it,but not have a rule in effect as how to display it ! Sounds a little like the dreaded "crossbow incident "
Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fellas2
Another shocker ? Only our beloved PGC would design a new license,sell it,but not have a rule in effect as how to display it ! Sounds a little like the dreaded "crossbow incident "
Is it that you don’t know how laws are made and who makes then, are you just completely brain dead or is it that you just want to take every possible opportunity to bad mouth the Game Commission even when it does nothing more then prove beyond any doubt that you don’t know what you are talking about?

The Game Commission doesn’t make laws, they never did. The State Legislature made the law a long time ago that required the hunting license to be displayed and the Game Commission can’t change that law. They would if they could but they can’t.

The Game Commission did know though that the State Legislature had legislation drafted that would have changed the law so that the license didn’t need to be displayed. The Game Commission expected that legislation, that would have made it legal to just have your license with you instead of being displayed, to be passed by the State Legislature long before this hunting season. But, the Game Commission can’t control how fast the Legislature acts, or if they ever pass the pending legislation. Presently the LAW, long ago enacted by the State Legislature, still requires that the hunting license be displayed. The only thing that changed is that the license no longer says to “Display in the middle of the back” as the old license said. That is because the Game Commission expected the law was going to change so that you didn’t have to display the license and would only have to have it with you to present when checked by an officer.

If you have a complaint you should educate yourself enough to know who you should be complaining to. If you don’t like the laws bitch at your State Legislature, they are the only ones with the power and authority to change laws.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have displayed it forever and it isn't a hassle now, I even do it in Ohio (which you are not required). Display or not is the least of my worries.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've displayed it all my life. I think it's a silly outdated law but not worth getting in an uproar over. If they get things resolved next season and we don't have to display that'll be great. If not, no big deal either way.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

This new license looks like it will fit in a fishing license holder.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is where mine is for now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.