Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Whats wrong with the gamelands? >

Whats wrong with the gamelands?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Whats wrong with the gamelands?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats wrong with the gamelands?

I make my own success by hunting where deer should actually be.I don't expect an even number of deer spread out accross the landscape.That's a pretty simple concept that obviously escapes you.
No that concept does not escape me , but it is the typical attitude of a self centered hunter who thinks because he can do it every hunter in 2G should be able to do it. They are so self centered that they can't accept the fact that there is a limited number of deer available to be harvested and that the fewer OWD we have the fewer hunters can be successful no matter how hard or how smart they hunt.

You base your support of the plan on your own success while I base my critique of the plan on the success rate for all hunters and because the plan it is not based on the best science available.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

You are losing it.How could the deer possibly have been healthier then?
In 2000 breeding rates were higher ,productivity was high and recruitment was much higher in 2000 than in 2007. Therefore, based on the PGC criteria for determining herd health, the herd was healthier when we had 1.6M PSD.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

In 2000 breeding rates were higher ,productivity was high and recruitment was much higher in 2000 than in 2007. Therefore, based on the PGC criteria for determining herd health, the herd was healthier when we had 1.6M PSD.
Just how many time has your alter ego stated that we never had 1.6 million deer.[8D]
Old 07-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just how many time has your alter ego stated that we never had 1.6 million deer.
A lot less than the number of times RSB has lied about the history of our herd!!

BTW,everyone is entitled to their opinion ,even if tey are dead wrong like you.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have less time to hunt than the vast majority of people,especially those with camps.Most people with camps up here use vacation time to hunt.I don't.The only days I take off to hunt all year is the first day of bear and the first day of deer.If I can do it,anyone else should be able to as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

So how on earth could the herd get more unhealthy as there's more food?Nevermind,I'll answer it for you.It can't

Your spinning is going around in circles.On numerous occassions I've herd you say that you figured the breeding rates were declining because you felt that the felt the older age does where getting shot.Now,when it's convenient to use the PGC stats to your advatage,you say the herd is unhealthy.

It's impossible and you know it.The numbers show what they show because the sample size is statistically insignificant.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your spinning is going around in circles.On numerous occassions I've herd you say that you figured the breeding rates were declining because you felt that the felt the older age does where getting shot.Now,when it's convenient to use the PGC stats to your advatage,you say the herd is unhealthy.
I did not say the herd was unhealthy. What I said is that herd health decreased from 2000 to 2007 based on the criteria the PGC uses to establish herd health. I still believe that breeding rates and productivity declined because we reduced the average age of the female herd by shooting more adult doe.

The PGC established the criteria for determining herd health, not me. What criteria would you suggest the PGC use for determining herd health and how would you suggest they collect enough data to determine herd health?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep i was sleeply last night
Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

DougE,to make the statement that "if I can do it everybody should be able to " is about as dumb a statement as you ever made.It's like saying if I can hit a golf ball 300 yards,everybody should be able to.To make comparisons with your own abilities to a million other hunter in this state is assinine at best !
Old 07-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Their deer for god sake, not ghosts, I can't for the life of me believe on any given day you can't kill a doe?[&:]

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with the gamelands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.