Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday Bowhunting in PA? >

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

so many choices
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

needs instituted ASAP. More bang for your buck on a real limited schedule!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I'd like to see Sunday hunting implemented this season starting with both spring and fall turkey, bear, and small game, and leave the deer alone on Sundays this season until anterless allocations can be adjusted(if that is possible with the current PGC mindset) accordingly for next years deer season.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

manyspurs, I might agree w/you if we had any small game in my area. The feds banned hunting on the hawks,owls and such and I beleive seeing the size of some of these red tails, i know why we have very few. That is also why we give those coyotes heck every chance we get! But that is a thoughtful suggestion......
Old 06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure it will get instituted on a broad spectrum right way (all seasons) IF it does indeed become a reality. I could see them testing it out with something like spring gobbler where many working hunters feel the time crunch even more than deer season, but who knows. I'm ALL for it, for ALL seasons.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

One thing I never took into consideration in any of this until a few minutes ago is the manpower/wage issue. Fully covering 67 counties on 52 Sundays a year really adds up to a big chunk of change. The PGC is strapped now. I wonder how they will make room in the budget for Sunday coverage?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

It ain't gonna happen people.

You can point out a thousand good reasons for it, but God and the union that represents WCO's ain't going for it.[]
Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Manyspurs How will they make room for it, easy just like they have been doing the last 10 years write more violations. That way they make money, improve their attittudes and show what a lawless group the PA hunters truly are..Thus we need to raise prices blah blah blah
Old 06-29-2009, 12:48 PM

As a bowhunter I am probably the exception and lots of time to hunt Mon - Fri. I see the drop in hunters during the firearms season. I could see the two Sundays being opened up. They would have to use less vacation time and people might go back to camp for the second weekend and take the youth with them.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

One thing I never took into consideration in any of this until a few minutes ago is the manpower/wage issue. Fully covering 67 counties on 52 Sundays a year really adds up to a big chunk of change. The PGC is strapped now. I wonder how they will make room in the budget for Sunday coverage?
I'm sure the unpaid deputies wouldn't mind giving up their Sundays from Oct.1 to the end of Jan..

Very good point Manyspurs.

Quick Reply: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.