Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll >

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Old 09-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just making a notation towards some of those ludicrous comments about Pa hunters being lazy, not hunting deep enough, not hunting smart enough, not scouting enough, sleeping to much, hunting 50 yards from the road, so on and so forth. Thing of it is that not so long ago, like 8 years ago, those very same hunters were harvesting 80%-90% of the 1.5 year old bucks each season for decades according to the PGC. Pa hunters were so efficient at getting "back in" and harvesting bucks, that the PGC instituted antler restrictions in order to allow our bucks to reach 2.5 years of age to reach a so-called "better breeding structure". ROFLMFBO. Seems to me that SOMEBODY must have been getting out of the bars, out of bed, back in the woods off the road and out scouting.

Now all of a sudden the Pa hunter is judged to be anything but efficient simply because of overkill and a lack of deer. In an effort to justify DMAP tags, we've listened to ex DCNR Secretary DiBerardinas try to pull the wool over the eyes of the public at various public deer plan meetings by stating that the FLIR study, which showed 20DPSFM stacked up at feeders and turnip food plots in and around Lyman Run State Park, as being a "localized" herd of 70DPSFM. We've been told by the Executive Director, when asked what's left for our kids to hunt, that squirrels are in abundance. We've been told to hunt smarter. Hunt deeper. The latest vote on full inclusion for the crossbow during archery season has again divided hunters even further. Having harvested several deer with a crossbow, I know how much easier it is. Mark my words, the kill during archery season will rise significantly, causing an even bigger divide between hunters. And the list of deceipt goes on and on and on. We got the job done, in many areas to well, and with the exception of falling for this horrendous deer plan and putting our faith in Gary Alt and the PGC, the Pa hunter can't be all that dumb.

The handful of sneaking, lying, coniving, busybody PGC suckasses can say what they want at their little gathering of the minds on Elmerton Ave several times each year and reassure each other that all is well. These people, along with the PGC, have us Pa hunters divided by a wide margin and are the enemy and every bit a threat to the hunting fraternity as PETA or Mr Sunstein. In most cases, they are worse because they are covering up their chamelion act and doing the dirty work for groups like PETA. The truth of the matter is that all is not well and deer hunting in Pa is in a current state of a mess that will take many years to clean up if we don't get rid of eco-terrorist BOCs that drink the eco-terrorist coolaid each morning for breakfast. The hunting fraternity in Pa is greatly divided, and we are losing hunters at an alarming rate. They just about have us where they want us.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 09-14-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

resident
2E-private limited access-good
2E-public poor
Old 09-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Resident 3A--poor
Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA-Res Hunt 5c,5d,3d hunting has never been better!

Hatchet jack
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without a doubt hunting is better than ever in PA.!! Why would anyone want PA hunters to harvest 203K buck like they did in 2001 compared to the 109K buck we harvested in 2007? I suppose hunting will be even better if we reduce the buck harvest to 90K.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh blue.........
Old 09-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Resident: 3D Waste of time
Old 09-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Banned

Not sure but I think hatchet jack was being sarcastic? Maybe you can explain HJ? Were you being serious? and if so, what are you basing that on?

Good point bluebird. Absolutely nothing has been "gained" and a helluva lot has been lost. Same crap qualitywise, far fewer deer, lower breeding rates according to pgc data, same bazillion doe tags, and same ignoring of hunters by pgc in their management "goals".
Old 09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just making a notation towards some of those ludicrous comments about Pa hunters being lazy, not hunting deep enough, not hunting smart enough, not scouting enough, sleeping to much, hunting 50 yards from the road, so on and so forth. Thing of it is that not so long ago, like 8 years ago, those very same hunters were harvesting 80%-90% of the 1.5 year old bucks each season for decades according to the PGC. Pa hunters were so efficient at getting "back in" and harvesting bucks, that the PGC instituted antler restrictions in order to allow our bucks to reach 2.5 years of age to reach a so-called "better breeding structure". ROFLMFBO. Seems to me that SOMEBODY must have been getting out of the bars, out of bed, back in the woods off the road and out scouting.

Now all of a sudden the Pa hunter is judged to be anything but efficient simply because of overkill and a lack of deer. In an effort to justify DMAP tags, we've listened to ex DCNR Secretary DiBerardinas try to pull the wool over the eyes of the public at various public deer plan meetings by stating that the FLIR study, which showed 20DPSFM stacked up at feeders and turnip food plots in and around Lyman Run State Park, as being a "localized" herd of 70DPSFM. We've been told by the Executive Director, when asked what's left for our kids to hunt, that squirrels are in abundance. We've been told to hunt smarter. Hunt deeper. The latest vote on full inclusion for the crossbow during archery season has again divided hunters even further. Having harvested several deer with a crossbow, I know how much easier it is. Mark my words, the kill during archery season will rise significantly, causing an even bigger divide between hunters. And the list of deceipt goes on and on and on. We got the job done, in many areas to well, and with the exception of falling for this horrendous deer plan and putting our faith in Gary Alt and the PGC, the Pa hunter can't be all that dumb.

The handful of sneaking, lying, coniving, busybody PGC suckasses can say what they want at their little gathering of the minds on Elmerton Ave several times each year and reassure each other that all is well. These people, along with the PGC, have us Pa hunters divided by a wide margin and are the enemy and every bit a threat to the hunting fraternity as PETA or Mr Sunstein. In most cases, they are worse because they are covering up their chamelion act and doing the dirty work for groups like PETA. The truth of the matter is that all is not well and deer hunting in Pa is in a current state of a mess that will take many years to clean up if we don't get rid of eco-terrorist BOCs that drink the eco-terrorist coolaid each morning for breakfast. The hunting fraternity in Pa is greatly divided, and we are losing hunters at an alarming rate. They just about have us where they want us.
heck of a good post manyspurs
agree with you on some
Old 09-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Bowtruck.

Quick Reply: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.