Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll >

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Resident
2G
Poor
Old 09-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by R.S.B.

I guess Pennsylvania hunters aren"™t as unhappy as some want people to think. It is also kind of interesting how a poll that can"™t be fudged comes out so different then those that obviously could be.

R.S. Bodenhorn

How many hunters are on this site out of 800K+?
There is no way you can judge by a online poll when I would say that 95% of the hunters do not get on hunting sites forums.
The only hunters on here are those who sleep and dream hunting.
And that is just a few. You go ask the majority out there and they are not happy at all. Why do you think the PGC is beine sued? Because the real number of dis satisfied hunter is extremely high.

I can't believe someone could say what you did above outside being a total idiot. Another idiot who thinks numbers from a few is what the majority would want. Idiot.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

One would think that even a relatively small number of people who eat, sleep, and dream deer hunting would be in a much better position to comment accurately on the situation than the multitudes of weekend warriors who are sitting at the bar sucking down beer while the guys on here are out scouting in the offseason and hunting as much as possible during the season. Whether you agree or disagree with them, I respect the opinions of the guys here more than any poll.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
One would think that even a relatively small number of people who eat, sleep, and dream deer hunting would be in a much better position to comment accurately on the situation than the multitudes of weekend warriors who are sitting at the bar sucking down beer while the guys on here are out scouting in the offseason and hunting as much as possible during the season. Whether you agree or disagree with them, I respect the opinions of the guys here more than any poll.
So if we don't post on this forum, we are a bunch of lazy, beer drinking, hunters who occasionally go hunting. Not with any dedication but something we do every now and then.

Are you really that stupid to make that stupid of a comment?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

No just a couple of ya"
Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was responding to someone who identified people who are regulars on here as the type who eat, sleep, and dream deer hunting, or something to that effect. Using a little commmon sense one could make the assumption that, if that is true, then such people are gonna have better insights in the state of deer hunting than those who are less interested in deer hunting and spend less time hunting, scouting, and reading about deer hunting in the state. Sorry if you found that confusing....
Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

Junky car, dont mind ol' rsb. Not a bad guy and a heckuva "law enforcement" officer at pgc, and an overly loyal pgc employee is all. His major flaw however is being an extremist antideer "environmentalist" at heart. A while back he made the comment that he thinks hunters should take their money and take a flying leap with it(as he favored money that came from "others" so hunters couldnt expect to have much say in matters). That is the same sentiment shared by ANTI hunters and nonhunter friendly environmentalist groups who want hunter input removed from management decision making. Just visiting any of their websites and looking for their views on wildlife management and their views on funding will confirm that quickly.

Not accusing rsb of being a "anti" but certainly not the biggest proponent of our sport. Id also debated with him and read his posts for several years, and he doesnt think much of hunters. He has a mindset more aligned with the "audubon society" types etc whom support hunting as a "necessary evil". Just my take but I dont think Id say hes concerned with the well-being of our sport.

As for the majority, its pretty much common knowledge how low the satisfaction level is. There are a few however that try to portray otherwise any way that they can. Low approval simply doesnt support their goals of "biodiversity" and other extremist views. Legislators and others read some of these boards. Damage control efforts by environmentalists who support the failed plan are always ongoing.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-11-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
I was responding to someone who identified people who are regulars on here as the type who eat, sleep, and dream deer hunting, or something to that effect. Using a little commmon sense one could make the assumption that, if that is true, then such people are gonna have better insights in the state of deer hunting than those who are less interested in deer hunting and spend less time hunting, scouting, and reading about deer hunting in the state. Sorry if you found that confusing....
I know what you said and I am not confused about anything.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Apparently you are since I never referred to other hunters as "lazy." Drinking beer on the weekend is a noble endeavor. I do it quite often instead of being out in the woods deer hunting, hanging game cameras, driving the roads looking at deer, etc. I don't think that makes me lazy. But it would be kind of silly for me to assume that my perspective on deer in my area is on par with someone who is truely dedicated, as many on this thread appear to be.
Attached Thumbnails  L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll-francis.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Spike

3a-poor
2b-good

Quick Reply: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.