Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How Is This Possible? >

How Is This Possible?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How Is This Possible?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Is This Possible?

Even though it takes 80-100 years to grow a mature forest that certainly doesn’t mean the mature trees all falls down at the end of that 100 years if they aren’t harvested. Our forests, in most of this state, are more then that 80-100 years old mark.
That isn't even close to being true. The fact is a significant percentage of the trees that regenerated over 100 years ago were destroyed by forest fires or harvested for mine timbers and other uses during WW2. Also. the amount of forested acres in creased from 1929 ,which means there are a lot of trees that are much younger than 100 yrs old.. You can't spin the history of our forests because their are too many sources that prove you are wrong.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Even though it takes 80-100 years to grow a mature forest that certainly doesn’t mean the mature trees all falls down at the end of that 100 years if they aren’t harvested. Our forests, in most of this state, are more then that 80-100 years old mark.
That isn't even close to being true. The fact is a significant percentage of the trees that regenerated over 100 years ago were destroyed by forest fires or harvested for mine timbers and other uses during WW2. Also. the amount of forested acres in creased from 1929 ,which means there are a lot of trees that are much younger than 100 yrs old.. You can't spin the history of our forests because their are too many sources that prove you are wrong.
So I guess that makes you more knowledgeable about the subject than a trained conservationist like Rob. So tell us where did you get your extensive knowledge and training from?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

The same old crap from Professor BB.[/align]

Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

So I guess that makes you more knowledgeable about the subject than a trained conservationist like Rob. So tell us where did you get your extensive knowledge and training from?
I learned a little working for DCNR for 28 years but I learned a lot more by reading the history of our herd and our forests.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

What blkpowder,no smart reply ?????
Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fellas2

I won't call it a smart answer,but an informative answer. BB's claim is that he worked for the DNCR for 28 yrs.I've worked with people who had 30+yrs at their job and they still don't have a clue about their job.[/align][/align]As for his history reading. Just like back in school. Regardless of the subject.The class was given a specific chapter or chapters to read then tested on. After the tests,some passed and some failed. The reasons for the failures. Some didn't read the assignment,some kinda skipped read through and for some,they interpret totally opposite of what they are reading right in front of them.[/align][/align]So just as BB's so often statements,where's the proof he knows what he is talking about?[/align]
Old 06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The proof is on the DCNR website where it provides the history of our forests. If RSB would have read it he wouldn't make such ridiculous claims.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

"So I guess that makes you more knowledgeable about the subject than a trained conservationist like Rob. So tell us where did you get your extensive knowledge and training from?"

Lets keep things in their proper perspective. RSB is a GAME WARDEN....a WCO.... NOT a biologist. And yes, Id say bb is far more educated on the topic. Ive witnessed his referencing just about every piece of pgc data that can be addressed at one time or another for nearly a decade and on several boards, and its absolutely hilarious to see the absolute LEAST educated people on the topic attempt to discredit him , the ones who dont even add to the conversation, just insult because they arent intellectual or educated on the topic enough to compile even a decent arguement to back their position that wouldnt be torn apart in about 10 seconds with the actual facts of the matter.!

Now, gotta get back to work, have a fine evening fellows. LMAO.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

ORIGINAL: fellas2

I won't call it a smart answer,but an informative answer. BB's claim is that he worked for the DNCR for 28 yrs.I've worked with people who had 30+yrs at their job and they still don't have a clue about their job.[/align] [/align]As for his history reading. Just like back in school. Regardless of the subject.The class was given a specific chapter or chapters to read then tested on. After the tests,some passed and some failed. The reasons for the failures. Some didn't read the assignment,some kinda skipped read through and for some,they interpret totally opposite of what they are reading right in front of them.[/align] [/align]So just as BB's so often statements,where's the proof he knows what he is talking about?[/align]
Here's a quote from a DCNR report on timber harvesting.
According to U.S. Forest Service inventories, forest
areas are actually increasing in Pennsylvania. Forest
area throughout the Commonwealth is currently at its
highest level since the late nineteenth century. In the
heavily populated Southeast, forestland increased
more than 6 percent between 1978 and 1989. Likewise,
it increased 4.5 percent in the Northeast and 3 percent
in the West. Even in the Poconos, an area of rapid
population growth, total forestland increased 1
percent. Today, about 60 percent of Pennsylvania is
forested.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

So blkpowder , using your reasoning,then is it not possible for your "good buddy" RSB, to be as totally incompetent and ignorant on the subject as BB ??? Just because he's been a game warden(sorry WCO) for you politically correct generation,for all these years does not necessarily make him an authority on the subject !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.