Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION >

PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

I strongly disagree with your deduction on the xbow vote. I think it had alot more to do with continuing herd reduction, industry lobbying, and a feeble (and backfiring) attempt at increasing approval ratings(???) by creating more hunting "opportunities." Not a vocal minority. In fact, the very approval of the PGC of crossbows, despite such strong opposition by throngs of sportsmen not to mention the PFSC ad UBP, speaks volumes about the current mindset in Harrisburg. I'm surprised that you would even drag that up and try to use it to bolster your argument, when everyone on this board clearly remembers how strongly you reacted to it, and the words you had with RSB over the subject.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Industry lobbying on the crossbow, Yep. through the legislators. It's been slowly simmering for years. The rumor that keeps surfacing is that it was clear that the license increase, also being held up by the few through legislative pressure would get more traction next time around.

In both cases, a few were able to weild enough well placed pressure to go against the majority.

BTW, look back again at the xbow issue. I did react strongly on that issue but RSB and I, while disagreeing somewaht on the issue, were not personally at odds over it. If you recall, he said he was surprised by the vote as well. The only time RSB and I had an issue was over his ill chosen words regarding the hunter vs public funding of the PGC. Words which he laterexpressed regret for using.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in pa now and I have a 500 acre farm in my back yard... The most deer I've ever seen in these fields on a given evening/night has been 11... I spot light this field almost every night since I've lived hear...

Now during the hunting season Oct-Jan there is at least 3 trucks parked in this field every friggin day of the hunting season... I don't know how many people hunt this place but they are un mersiful on these deer!!!

I really think that 99% of the people that hunt Pa are like this!!! Too many people hunting and not enough place to gewt away from them... There for the deer take a beating!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

What was the originalbasis of this thread: 11 people on this site, voted PA as the worst state for deer hunting?

24 pages comprisedmostly of the samelame arguments to support that position, primarily from the same5 or 6 members that likelycomprise about half of those 11 votes.

[:'(]

Bought my new hunting licenses about an hour ago. Out of the dozen or so men and women alsowaiting for their new licenses, not one seemed to share that opinion. Would estimate the average age in that group to have been well over 60. Us old geezers must be too easy to please?

[8D]
Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

My head is spinning from all the statistics and arguments and counterarguments that are flying back and forth. One thing that seems clear is that PA does have more hunters than many other states. However, in order for the deer harvests (at the state level, not given districts) to become comparable to other states that are considered to be good to great, wouldnt you have to increase the number of deer statewide to the pointof having problems with overpopulation?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DennyF

What was the originalbasis of this thread: 11 people on this site, voted PA as the worst state for deer hunting?

24 pages comprisedmostly of the samelame arguments to support that position, primarily from the same5 or 6 members that likelycomprise about half of those 11 votes.

[:'(]

Bought my new hunting licenses about an hour ago. Out of the dozen or so men and women alsowaiting for their new licenses, not one seemed to share that opinion. Would estimate the average age in that group to have been well over 60. Us old geezers must be too easy to please?

[8D]
Maybe with the new system the PGC could have a check off donation to help send those 11 to New Jerseyfor a better hunt. (secondworst according tothat silly little poll)
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

What you have posted is nothing more then a handful of opinions from a VERY small and select group of people. Plus as has already been pointed out even your selection of articles are not all expressing being disgruntled with hunting in Pennsylvania.

"Here is an actual survey of over 900 randomly selected Pennsylvania hunters and what they had to say about there level of satisfaction with hunting and wildlife management in Pennsylvania. This survey was done in 2005. "

RSB,please don't tell me that you would put any credience on a survey done almost 5 years ago from a sampling of hunters from almost ten years ago over the phone(which people in general are less likely to give negative answers) using 900 names out of over 1,000,000 hunters at a sampling rate of .0009%. Even our beloved politicians wouldn't use a rate of such insignificance.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

" Im really starting to think that you are just plain ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I f in the past 7 years you can not or will not see hunter dissatisfaction getting more and more prominent in the state of Pa if nothing more than this message board alone,,,to hell with doing any other search,,,,this place alone is huge,,,,,then my man,,,you are so mistakingly wrong in your observation that there is no sense in ever reading another one of your posts ever again!"

Remington700, he isnt that "ignorant" Noone could be. Hes just a proven asnine liar.
Liar says: "Doesnt it make you wonder why he only found a few web pages that werent several years old? "

I posted the first several I could find in about 2 minutes time.

"He lives and hunts in one of the best deer areas in the state"

Wow...with a whopping deer density lower than any other states highest deer density goals in the nation. Less than 24 owdpsm and declining for no reason. WHOOP DEE DOO! LOL!.

"and claims he gets a big buck every year and doesnt kill does yet he screams that the hunting stinks there. HMMMM. "

Nice how you econuts say "it isnt all about the kill" yet when someone doesnt keep their mouth shut, just because they harvest deer they are somehow wrong for doing so because now, thats all that matters?? Make up my mind liar????

" The few guys I know that hunt down that way love the area and do well even on public land."

HA HA HA. Yeah, the ones that have had the story change 75 times, and you were caught....again, lying about. LMAO.

"(Hearing that really gets him fired up LOL)"

Not at all. Just pointing out the truth. You should try it sometime.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Ha ha ha. Yeah RSB, handpicked PFSC yes men surveyed LMAO!!

Lans says: "However, in order for the deer harvests (at the state level, not given districts) to become comparable to other states that are considered to be good to great, wouldnt you have to increase the number of deer statewide to the point of having problems with overpopulation? "

No lans. Depending on the opinion of "overpopulation", that could mean different things. If we take it to mean when herd health is poor, than that was never the case even with twice as many deer. If we take that to mean human conflict, many areas of the state were rated low even previously by pgc assessment. Regardless of how you interpret it, we are FAR from that point currently. And there is much room for improvement between where we once were and where we are now without "overpopulation" unless we listen to the econuts who desire ridiculoius unnatural levels of trilliums hobblebush and other nonsense everyone but they can live without.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Banned

"What was the original basis of this thread: 11 people on this site, voted PA as the worst state for deer hunting?"

Denny, Id say that with 50 states and Pa getting more vote than anyone else pretty much speaks for itself. This survey also doesnt account for all those who feel Pa is crap, but there may be somewhere worse. Gee is that really all the better??? LMAO!

"24 pages comprised mostly of the same lame arguments to support that position, primarily from the same 5 or 6 members that likely comprise about half of those 11 votes."

I dont like what you are accusing. There is only one person proven to vote multiple times and that was your pal. Noone on THIS side. So I'll thank you to keep your brown nose pointed in that direction

"Bought my new hunting licenses about an hour ago. Out of the dozen or so men and women also waiting for their new licenses, not one seemed to share that opinion. Would estimate the average age in that group to have been well over 60. Us old geezers must be too easy to please? "

Doubtful. I know quite a few "old geezers" and most of them are more cantankerous and untrusting of Pgc than the younger guys (who also do not support the nonsense). Dozen guys waiting in line to buy a license. Must be a busy store. LOL. Id hardly say they are "tickled" because they are buying a license. I'll be buying mine very soon. I suppose you claim they are tickled with deer management??: Id say you are being far less than truthful unless the pgc headquarters now sells licenses and thats where you got yours. Otherwise, maybe they just didnt want to argue with a clearly extreme supporter/pgc brownnoser?? If you speak in person anything like you do on the message boards, Im sure they had plenty to say about the old "character" with his head up his own caboose that was doing all the talking. LOL

Quick Reply: PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.