Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION >

PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Old 05-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default RE: PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

"Pa would definitely win the vote for the biggest whiners for hunters.The whole northeast forum is constant complaining about deer numbers or lack of deer numbers in Pa. and whose fault it is.How many hunters are in Pa, the hunting pressure in PA."

The pennsylvania game commission is to blame. The bazillion doe tags in particular. 900,000+ hunters arent the problem if it werent for the fact they are issued far too many tags. Youre clearly not educated on the topic of the dirty politics and gross mismanagement occurring here and the particulars, and dont probably care, So i'll let your "jab" pass as ignorance and not just you being an azz. If there is reason for complaint and there most certainly is, one would be a damn fool to keep their mouth shut....Wether you insult by calling it whining or not....

" heres an idea, go somewhere else and hunt if it is so bad."

I do. Often. But that doesnt mean we shouldnt expect proper management RIGHT HERE. And you can always take your own advice and "read" elsewhere if you think its so bad HERE. I have as much right to discuss Pa here as you do Maine. IF you choose not to, thats your choice.

" I am not trying to sound like a wise guy but i find it hard to even visit the northeast forum because all their will be is whining about Pa deer numbers."

Sure you are. Because not one person forces you to read any of it.

Hey Btb. You hit the nail. Not many whiners. Many with legit complaints. You have that when 80-90+ percent of hunters would like to see pgc prosecuted for fraud. LMAO!! As for whiners, you are the number one biggest whiner...and LIAR on these boards. You whine about absolutely nothing anytime all the time and lie about everything just as often. I figured itd be just a short bit before your tears where flowing once again about one more poll not supporting your obtuse views. You've sniveled and tried pathetic damage control on nearly every pgc post since before I was even a member. You've made it your deluded mission. I can live with that. Youre ineffective and comical at best. Kinda like Huntnets own little bearded court jester! LOL
Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

Now here, I'll log off so you can make a post with more insults! LMAO!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not trying to cause any trouble. I only said that my WV license cost me a few dollars less than my PA Non-Resident license. And that is the truth. i never said I compared apples to apples--I actually said that the cost was with the extra tags.

I have hunted a lot of other states across the USA, and PA ranks as one of the lowest non-resident hunting licenses that I have ever bought. That is just a simple statement. Nothing complicated.

I really enjoy hunting PA. And I really like the antler restrictions that are in place in the area that I hunt. Does that make me wrong?? I hope not. Tom.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

Nope. Not wrong for enjoying hunting. Pricewise, as state, Pa is right in line with many states and more than some.

Btw, would be more than willing to pay more, even significantly more if all the dirty politics werent currently in play and having had the hunters of our state sold out by the environmental extremists currently running the show.

Most Pa hunters Im aware of would agree with that assessment. The problems need fixed before a rogue independant agency can be trusted with more money and answerable to noone.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

I no longer hunt PA but it is not because of the # of deer, but the number of people. I imagine NJ would be the same.

I can spend opening day in the Adirondacks or Green Mountains and not see a soul and scarcely hear a shot. Can't beat that.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned

Yeah I agree. Thats one of the reasons I only bowhunt.

Agree about NJ too. Another thing they have in common with Pa, currently, is wildlife management dictated by people who couldnt care less about hunting.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really enjoy hunting PA. And I really like the antler restrictions that are in place in the area that I hunt. Does that make me wrong?? I hope not. Tom.
Most folks I know would agree with you Tom. The antler restrictions have really made a difference in many areas if not most. No doubt that HR needs some tweaking but for the most part, the deer hunting here is or better now than any time since my first hunting seasonin 1969. Not more deer, mind you, but betterdeer andbetter quality deer hunting.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

"The antler restrictions have really made a difference in many areas if not most."

No they havent. You are in a SRA. Access is the issue. Not ar. There were TONS of big bucks taken in your sra long before ar. Just check the records. They are FULL of entries from the sra area of Western Pa. More from that area than anywhere else in Pa. It is also the area LEAST effected by the plan. Ar or HR. Because of access issues. Unfortunately that doesnt help much with the wholesale slaughter in the rest of the state or the poor quality througout. Cant have more+bigger bucks with 1/2 the deer to begin with. Ar is good imho, but its useless when you defeat the purpose by killing off half the recruitment before buck #1 gets saved...

" No doubt that HR needs some tweaking but for the most part,'

Gee ya think? LOL Unfortunately that has been the need for years now, and it hasnt been, nor is it now an option pgc will consider....Mainly why they are being audited because of their mismanagement. Though an audit that is being done by one of their "yes men" organizations as is the case, will do more harm than good. They are about to thouroughly "tweak" US..

" the deer hunting here is or better now than any time since my first hunting season in 1969."

And its never been worse in the few wmus Ive hunted since early 80's. PGc isnt being sued, denied a feee increase, losing hunters at over double national average, having huge majority completely distrusts pgc, had pgc deer plan personell needing to wear bullet proof vests!..and now being audited...Because the deer plan is so great we can barely contain our joy!(LOL) Its because econuts are running our sport into the ground.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually your actually got something partly right. The positive effect of AR's has been less apparent in 2B because limited access already helped some bucks get past that 1.5 age.

Actually the positive effects I and most I know have experienced have been in the other (non SRA) areas. The most dramatic improvement I've seen has been in 2F. That's just my personal experience but taxidermists everywhere have been reporting better average bucks since AR was instituted.

Sorry if you havent quite gotten your share
Old 05-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Not taxidermists everywhere. A few. Very few. Many others, around here, are going out of business. Less big buck = less work.

Btb, another lie? You know I dont like to toot my own horn.... H-O-N-K!!!!!!! LMAO!, As you know I get my share..Kill my buck every year archery season for many years...Cept for the year before last when I had a very rough year and ended up taking an averagish 8 pt in flintlock And if one day i couldnt id just switch from bow only and add rifle season to my plans. you know my position well, so dont try and be cute and purposely misrepresent it.

Things arent even as close to being as good as they should be in any aspect. The big picture...or from my perspective... How does this effect me personally?? Necessary lowering of standards. Can only kill whats available, though still dont kill "minimum" legal buck, though I'll shoot smaller buck than used to... Don't shoot doe, even though I much enjoyed doing so with family members in the past during flinter season etc. Got to spend lots of time with family and friends putting on small drives etc.. Good times. Nice changeup from the solo sport of archery that consumes most of my season... But now we dont want to add to our problems by 5 or 6 more of us harvesting a doe or two for jerky etc... Now we just hunt our arses off to shoot a buck we want archery season, then call it a season, help others get theirs and I often then go to predator hunting... No matter how you look at it, it effects us all other than those not effected at all for certain reasons.

Quick Reply: PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.