Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 The ticks were bad today >

The ticks were bad today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The ticks were bad today

Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default The ticks were bad today

Took the horse out on a little 4 hour ride today at the local gamelands. Saw four deer, no bear or turkey. The ticks were just awlful, I was riding along the dirt road with short grass on the edges. Through the coarse of the ride I pulled 15 ticks off the horses legs, I came home and showered and found one in my hair and another on the bottom of the tub. I am used to finding one or two, but seventeen, thats bad.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The ticks were bad today

17 wow! Thats a bad day. I'm just wondering how in the heck you can find those little things on a horse. Are horses susceptable to lyme disease?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

17 wow! Thats a bad day. I'm just wondering how in the heck you can find those little things on a horse. Are horses susceptable to lyme disease?
He has white hair and they didn't dig in yet. I thinkhorsescan get lyme disease. It spoiled the whole day jumping off and looking for the little devils. I seen one on a blade of grass. They hang there and when they feel movement or vibration they throw their legs out to catch on to what ever goes buy. I hate them.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Now every little itch I feel I think its a tick crawling on me. [:@]
Old 05-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pats102862

Now every little itch I feel I think its a tick crawling on me. [:@]
been there! done that! That's an awful feeling![:@]
Old 05-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

yes they are but local vet says most cant afford the treatment for horse.i read article somewhere on this.my sisters dog ran down a rabbit today, i ran after the dog yelling to stop but the rabbit went into a net and went into shock.

i thought i could hold it and try to help ,i could not believe there was 9 huge ticks on that rabbits neck.

anyone that eats a rabbit in my opinion is not good.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Ok tell me Y the ticks are so bad of late.I would like to see if any of you have the same idea i have.Later on i will post what i think it is from
Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shump

Ok tell me Y the ticks are so bad of late.I would like to see if any of you have the same idea i have.Later on i will post what i think it is from
dont know but everyone here in pa. is blaming PENNSTATE FORESTRY for the bug problems we are having.they did admitt they released BUGS to improve forest.

dont know if tick was released but a few others were.i see a lawsuit soon against PENNSTATE FORESTRY for damage these bugs are doing to homes,many are getting real mad over bug problems here in pa.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

The immature stages are frequently found on small rodents such as meadow mice and occasionally is found on birds and small animals.These are a few ways that Ticks expand their range.[/align]
Old 05-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I was wrong, it wasn't 17 ticks it was 18. I just found one aroundthe horsesgroin area sucking blood since last sunday. Disgusting.

Quick Reply: The ticks were bad today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.