Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 The ticks were bad today >

The ticks were bad today

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The ticks were bad today

Old 05-31-2009, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The ticks were bad today

Did PS release them in NY as well?
Cause we have them here.

trust me, PENNSTATE FORESTRY RELEASED THEM.
Of course you have proof you can post - I have internet trust issues.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Penn State could have released them but they wouldn't be the first

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/br/lbeetle/

Apparently those stinky Asian ladybugs have been in the US since 1916.

When they get in an attic, it can be a real pain. The lodge where we stay in Illinois has had big problems with them. On warm October days, the owner will fill his 5 gallon shop vac with em daily. They do smell awful too. kind of like damp moldy dirt
Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ticks are lthe worst I have ever seen them in Delaware, I do a 30 min walk everyday in a woods, have to stay on the groomed trails and douse myself with Perm and cutter for mosquitos each time before I walk....
Old 05-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pick up at least 3 or 4 ticks every time I pick strawberries even though I put on bug spray. AS yet . I haven't been bitten this year, but I have been bitten at least 30-40 times over the last 10 years. When we were kids we never had to worry about ticks, but back then we didn't have any deer.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ticks I am experiencing are the wood ticks not the deer ticks, and they seem to resist the permonone....
Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Since we just had one of the wettest Springs on record they're verybad here so far. Yesterday I walked to the end of my back yard and back, a distance of a little over250 yards, and found six ticks on me. Time to break out the Ortho Max! [:@]
Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ticks are bad and have been bad for a long time.Like coyotes,they've been here for decades and no one released them.Why would anyone release something that really serves no purpose?For the life of me,I could never find any use for ticks or deer flies.Horrible creatures

I'd like to see them disposed of but I don't know how you could kill them without killing other beneficial bugs.

I have horses andfrom what I understand,they can get lymes disease.However,I know alot of people that have horses and I don't know anyone who's horse ever contracted it.Regadless,I don't like ticks crawling on my horses anymore than I like them crawling on me.The solution is permethrin.I buy it in the form of permanone and spray my cloths wth it.For my horses,I buy it in a concentrated form and spray them down whenever we take them on trail rides.Two weeks ago,we did about 15 miles in elk state forest and neevr had a tick on us or the horses.You can also buy fly spray that has 5% permethrin in it.It works.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

i called them LADY BUGS and people said,SPROUL THEY ARE APHID BUGS,now you call them STINK BUGS.
You did not call them Lady bugs in your post, you called them aphids. Lady bugs and stink bugs are not aphids.

Do you know who we can sue for introducing multiflora rose?
proper name of these bugs are called BOXFELLER,i hope that i heard that right.no, i called them aphids in post, on street i called them LADY BUGS.

as for rose, no i never heard of pennstateputting them out.

also i just did talk to PENNSTATE AND THEY DID RELEASE lady bugs AND Asian bettles. they said they did not release the BOXFELLER.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know the exact name for ladybugs.I do know that they skink so in my book,stinkbug is an acceptable name.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Penn State could have released them but they wouldn't be the first

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/br/lbeetle/

Apparently those stinky Asian ladybugs have been in the US since 1916.

When they get in an attic, it can be a real pain. The lodge where we stay in Illinois has had big problems with them. On warm October days, the owner will fill his 5 gallon shop vac with em daily. They do smell awful too. kind of like damp moldy dirt
i pulled a section of my siding off and out fell 100 BOXFELLERS,i hope that is correct name ,maybebluebird can correct me on that.

Quick Reply: The ticks were bad today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.