Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters...Would you>>>>> >

PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

Old 05-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Default RE: PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

I would not buy the extra tag. I'm a meat hunter and primarily take does. But I do see a lot of bucks and my party usually takes a few every season. So I have to ask a question, J Pike, why do you think it's impossible to harvest two bucks here in PA?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Why is it necessary to shoot a second buck? Why can't you be satisfied with one?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: indian10

I would not buy the extra tag. I'm a meat hunter and primarily take does. But I do see a lot of bucks and my party usually takes a few every season. So I have to ask a question, J Pike, why do you think it's impossible to harvest two bucks here in PA?
Because the PGC. and the majority of PA. hunters would never go for it.
The reason the PGC. implemented AR. was so a smaller % of of buck population got harvested every year. If hunters in PA. were able to harvest a 2nd buck our antlered harvest #'s would sky rocket for a couple years then take sharp nose dive. Pike
Old 05-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Typical Buck

I am for one deer per person Period. one buck or one doe. And I would pay 100.00 for that one deer. But I dont hunt pa anymore and probably never will again. Just a waste of time sitting behind a tree for 3 months and seeing next to nothing. When I did see deer ,I felt so sorry looking at the tiny herd I leave them walk.But that doesnt work either cause the next guy who seen them shot them all.Then I goto west virginia and see 70.And shoot one and I am happy
Old 05-12-2009, 01:58 AM
Typical Buck

Not in the current circumstances. If the herd was larger and oportunities greater, it is possible. DE had been operating this way for years, but there are stipulations on the second tag. A trophy tag that must have minmum 15" spread and atleast 7 points, I believe. A hundred dollars is a little steep. DE is cheaperI believe atleast for residents. In a larger herd, a few extra bucks is o.k. Speaking of the state in general terms, I'd have to say it's a bad idea right now. However I do believe we should raise the price of doe tags to near a hundred dollars......[:'(]
Old 05-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

Not in the current circumstances. If the herd was larger and oportunities greater, it is possible. DE had been operating this way for years, but there are stipulations on the second tag. A trophy tag that must have minmum 15" spread and atleast 7 points, I believe. A hundred dollars is a little steep. DE is cheaperI believe atleast for residents. In a larger herd, a few extra bucks is o.k. Speaking of the state in general terms, I'd have to say it's a bad idea right now. However I do believe we should raise the price of doe tags to near a hundred dollars......[:'(]
If it's a trophy tag that has to be checked I can see that to a point. To say that you think the doe tags should be increased that is just insane. Perhaps raising the price on bonus tags but not the first doe tag. Pa is one of the few that really don't rape NR hunters as hard as other states. I mean like your only paying 500% more in fees as opposed to 1 or 2000% more. If it is such an issue then the general hunting license should come with a doe tag that earns a buck when filled and checked.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

All of this is moot because a second buck tag is simply not a possibility in PA for the foreseeable future. Support for it would be very sparse from all fronts. JMHO
Old 05-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

No way. [:'(] The herd is already WAAAAAY over-exploited.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

As a non resident i would definately pay for the 2nd buck tag,,,and as a responsible hunter i would make the decision on whether i used it or not when the time arrives and what the circumstances are in my area and how i felt that day,,
Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Banned

Its something I dont think pgc would ever be stupid enough to implement...Of course that MAY be giving too much credit these days?

A responsible management agency would see our buck numbers and quality are already a joke and wouldnt look to significantlyreduce both.

They also would see that we have 900,000 plus hunters who only harvest 109-125k bucks, and wouldnt want to make even fewer of them successful by allowing some to take 2.

Quick Reply: PA Hunters...Would you>>>>>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.