HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Governor Files Anti-Gun Bill in the Bay State (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/293694-governor-files-anti-gun-bill-bay-state.html)

Horizontal Hunter 05-08-2009 07:10 AM

Governor Files Anti-Gun Bill in the Bay State

As if our gun laws aren't draconian and convoluted enough they have some more for us. It is time to contact your legislators again.

Bob

Governor Files Anti-Gun Bill in the Bay State

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard!
Yesterday, Governor Deval Patrick (D) filed legislation that would severely curtail the rights of gun owners in the Commonwealth. The bill entitled, “An Act to Reduce Firearm Violence,” is in essence a repeat performance of Chapter 180 of the Acts of 1998.

Among other things, this bill would:

[*]Limit firearm purchases to one per 30-day period; [*]Require the private transfer of all firearms to be conducted through a federally licensed firearms dealer, and;[*]Allow the Colonel of the Department of State Police to destroy surrendered firearms instead of auctioning them for sale.[/ul]
If you don't remember, Chapter 180 of the Acts of 1998 created some of the most confusing and ill-advised set of gun laws in the country. The vast majority of those new laws attacked lawful gun owners and did little, if anything, to address violent crime. Since enactment, the only result has been an 85% decrease in the number of lawfully licensed gun owners in Massachusetts and a dramatic increase in crime.

Please contact your State Legislators TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this ill-conceived attack on our Second Amendment freedoms. Governor Patrick can be reached by phone at (617) 725-4005 or (888) 870-7770 (in-state), by fax at (617) 727-9725, or visit http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3util...ov3_contact_us to send email. To identify your State Representative and State Senator and to find contact information, please click here.

rem700man 05-08-2009 06:08 PM

RE: Governor Files Anti-Gun Bill in the Bay State

another gov. that needs voted out the next chance ya'll get,,,,you have to wonder what kind of money is backing this kind of legislation,,,and you can bet your ass that some pocket is getting padded for this so-called american citizen/governor to be trying to pass it!

Horizontal Hunter 05-08-2009 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: rem700man

another gov. that needs voted out the next chance ya'll get,,,,you have to wonder what kind of money is backing this kind of legislation,,,and you can bet your ass that some pocket is getting padded for this so-called american citizen/governor to be trying to pass it!
I didn't vote for him and I won't vote for him next time either. Actually as a general rule I won't vote for an incumbent. I think that just about all of them should be voted out and we should start over. Would you believe that he set up a program to give welfare recipients free cars. The state pays the insurance, inspection fees, they even give them a AAA membership. I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't in the Boston Globe. Oh yeah, and in these troubled times they are cutting police and firemen but they have increased the funding of this program. The total funding for this program is just shy of 1/2 a million dollars. They must be smoking crack in the statehouse. Unbelievable.[:@]

[/align]http://news.bostonherald.com/news/re...;position=also[/align]

rem700man 05-09-2009 01:33 AM

Yeah,,,this whole welfare thing really gets me wound up! Im a truck driver and to keep my job i have to take a piss test and a physical every 2 years,,,and pass it or i loose my ability to work,,,,why the hell dont you have to pass a drug test and physical to get a check from the govt the 1st of every month,,,,,i was recently in the check out line at the grocery store and a spanish family was in front of me with a ship load of groceries,,,the guy pays for them with some sort of welfare credit card type thing(looked like a credit card) i didnt think much of it,,,then i go out in the parking lot and here they are loading their groceries into a cadillac escalade with well over 4000.00$ in wheels and tires,,,maybe these folks are alot smarter than i am,,,,?????

Horizontal Hunter 05-09-2009 05:28 AM

I don't understand it either. Sometimes these days it seems like the harder you work the further behind you get. Our politicians are running this country into the ground.

Bob

rem700man 05-10-2009 02:31 AM

I agree 100%

blkpowder 05-10-2009 07:24 AM

Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders :

Butte, Montana

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house.. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, & MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal aliens .......and she wins, she is still alive.

Nowthatis Gun Control !

Thought for the day:

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'-

Amen

DougMD 05-10-2009 07:45 AM

In this day and age, I'm SURPRISED that the girl wasn't brought up on charges for shooting at armed illegal alien home invaders in her own home. I say GREAT JOB!!!

rem700man 05-12-2009 04:58 PM

I say thats the best news i've read or heard in a long time,,,thanks for posting it,,,it lifted my spirits