Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!! >

There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!!

Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

Default RE: There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!!

We are talking about hunter satisfaction and what weapon should be used and when to hunt deer with them, not a consitutional right. And the two arent even comparable in any way shape or form. That same cry could be used toinclude muzzleloaders,rifles,ak-47's in archery season, 22 rimfires for deer hunting, buckshot for turkey, rifles in sras,shooting deer from helicopters at night during rifle season, or anythingelse someone may not want to add to a hunting season no matter how extreme or what some may consider "normal" and acceptable. However anyone feels on crossbows, comparingthe views on antinclusion to antigun, is like comparing EVERYONE for them with a lazy wannabe slob. You are putting US down just the same every time you make that completely ridiculous statement. There is nothing wrong with not supporting inclusion.You need to accept that ifanyone whosupports inclusion expects to have THEIR views on the matter respected. We all have legitimate reasons for or againstlike it or not.

As for comment on antigun and the majority, I guess it doesnt matter, I dont believe the majority of Americans want gun ownership outlawed. It is only the most extreme of the liberal extremist idiots.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

"I don't see whycrossbows couldn't or shouldn't be in the archery season"

I dont see why they couldnt or shouldnt be in rifle season.

But I dont really like your opinion that hunters opinions DONT MATTER. Thats a big part of many of our problems with pgc right now. They dont think so either.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see whycrossbows couldn't or shouldn't be in the archery season.
Bowtruck, I could agree with that if we could add a few words to that sentence. How about this.......

So long as it's inclusion doesnt create a management problem that would cause any of the already established seasons with any established weapon to be negatively impacted, I don't see whycrossbows couldn't or shouldn't be in the archery season.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

So you are saying in your opinion, hunter opinion should have no role in season structuring, or weapons used etc. if there are no biological maleffects or effect to season lengths?

You are fine with it even if vast majority would be against?

I couldnt disagree more. If not a biological concern, its not a job for the biologists. Its a hunter satisfaction issue and should be decided by the hunters. Not just speaking of crossbow, but any similar changes made past or future. These are the reasons why pgcs approval rating has plummeted into the subsoil. Not caring at all about hunter input or satisfaction. Not only in regard to the deer slaughter, but in regard to just about everything these days. As for them going against the majority they heard from....At least it was mighty nice of them to ask for the input though wasnt it?[:'(]
Old 05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

So you are saying in your opinion, hunter opinion should have no role in season structuring, or weapons used etc. if there are no biological maleffects or effect to season lengths?

You are fine with it even if vast majority would be against?

I couldnt disagree more. If not a biological concern, its not a job for the biologists. Its a hunter satisfaction issue and should be decided by the hunters. Not just speaking of crossbow, but any similar changes made past or future. These are the reasons why pgcs approval rating has plummeted into the subsoil. Not caring at all about hunter input or satisfaction. Not only in regard to the deer slaughter, but in regard to just about everything these days. As for them going against the majority they heard from....At least it was mighty nice of them to ask for the input though wasnt it?[:'(]
Not exactly what I meant Corny.That last post was only meant to express my personal opinion about crossbows. The modifiction I would make to bowtrucks statement is my opinion and mine alone.

As for the bigger picture, I agree with you 100%. It was wrong for the BOC to vote it in based on the overwhelming hunter sentiment against it.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned

I know your position was previously that you generally agreed on that aspect, it didnt appear that you still did, but I guess i shoulda probably just asked without the assumption. LOL