Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!! >

There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Banned

Default RE: There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!!

2b has some access issues and no rifle season.

Areas without those issues are already slaughtered and continuing to decline despite goals of stabilization. Doe harvest added by crossguns could be countered with allocation adjustment. But that should already be occurring and is not. Therefore, no reason to believe it will be with xguns either. xguns will have far more potential maleffect OUTSIDE of the sras.

Also, buck harvest also cant be adjusted, and the numbers are dropping. Gun hunters are already pizzed about the pgc slaughter, and makes them like the archery harvest even less... How they gonna feel if more buck are harvested before they even hit the woods? Not good. Considering the pathetic buck harvests of the past couple years, it wouldnt even take a ton of added harvest to really make a difference these days.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just want Sproul back. I am not saying anything else here until that happens.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

They can yammer all they want. The cat is out of the bag and the money is being spent on Xbow equipment as we speak. You can't say 'yea' and 6 weeks later say 'nay'. Again, the Board shows it's weakness and willy nilly thought process on hunting issues. This Xbow experience merely reflects what the Board has and is going to be doing in PA. This will probably be seen as a cause for applause by the anti Xbow crowd, but beware my friends, you ain't seen nothing yet. We got bigger fish to fry than this issue oin the state of PA. Xbow is the least of our worries!

IMHO, best and most accurate post yet regarding the issue.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I just want Sproul back. I am not saying anything else here until that happens.
And I'm concernerd with what has happened to Young Woman's Creek, which is in Sproul's back yard. I fished there again on Sunday, and once again it sucked. Caddis, stoneflies, blue quills, and a few hendrickson's, and not a single rise. Excellent stream conditions. Couldn't even pick up a fish on a nymph, at the same pools and pockets where 20 years ago I'd catch a minimum of 25-30 wild brooks and browns (and some stocked fish too).
Old 04-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned

'This will probably be seen as a cause for applause by the anti Xbow crowd, but beware my friends, you ain't seen nothing yet. We got bigger fish to fry than this issue oin the state of PA. Xbow is the least of our worries! "

What was meant by that?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

GC has stated that x-bows have made little impact in 2B and the other two WMU's.

WV Gino
Where? when? Got a quote? A link?

It would be interesting to see how many guys dropped their bows and switched to x-bows and how many new archery hunters were added with x-bow inclusion.

Could be done fairly easily.
Sure could, so why wasn't it done before jumping onto the slippery slope of full inclusion with that silly sunset provision as the only safety valve?

The GC has the report cards and x-bow is a box to check. Randomly select cards of guys who sent in a report card with the x-bow box checked. Send them a survey with a few questions and bingo bango

WV Gino
So, if it were that easy, why didnt we do the bingo bango before ramming the xbow down the throats of the 90% who were against it?
Ifdetermining the impact was that easy, it's even more despicable that the crossbow vote took place without that little bit of research being done![:@]
Old 04-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

"So, if it were that easy, why didnt we do the bingo bango before ramming the xbow down the throats of the 90% who were against it?"

Here we go again with the 90% crap. A true representation of the hunters in PA? Prove it. It was just 90% of those who knew of, and responded to a proposal by the PGC. How many responded v total number ofhunters in PA?And my guess is that most were bowhunters being vocal, not the general hunting population in PA.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

Of those who responded, the majority didnt want them... Doesnt matter what they hunted with either...and there most certainly were "rifle" hunters in the mix opposed. There is also absolutely nothing that shows the majority DID want them, yet at least some evidence that they didnt because of the input that was asked for. Even if you think a survey of hunters shouldve been done, that still means crossbows SHOULDNT be legal, at least yet, because that survey has never been done. If one were, and if it wouldve showed more than 50% for crossbow inclusion, Id be done with the issue all together and accept it, and keep my grumbling to myself. Though I dont believe the majority would support it anyway.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Banned

@#$*# double posts!![:'(]
Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cornelius08
this group is like the new admin. Blame and place all your venom on decisions made by a past bpoard. Look how fast BTB and you all jumped for joy. By God nothing else is more harmful to the PA hunting environment than this Xbow issue. You know they might get a crack at changing the Xbow ruling, MIGHT! But they have proven in the past that when they make good on one proposal they sink you on another. What is the real issue here in this state? Deer pop?, Xbows?, PGC inefficiencies?, POS licenses? Tree sales?, the Northern Tier browse, Pheasant program, ???. This O admin is using slight of hand to ram threw it's agendas, don't beleive this new group hasn't ;learned. Also 90% of 1,000 hunters in a state of 900,000 hunters does not make 90% against. That was respondents and i am sure motivating the crowd are the Compound Crew from organized clubs . You can;t keep throwing that number around, it is false and lends to the idea that 810,000 registered hunters are against the Xbow. That is wrong and I beleive you know it, but a small group of 1,000 hunters responded and by God that means your numbers are correct. You are being exclusionist again Corneilius and company and that is what I am against. Impact,, if that was an issue Allegheny County would have no deer left! Divide and conquer, you want to win this fight were all (hunters) heading for? Then come together as fellow sportsmen and women to provide a UNITED front that the PGC and this Borad cannot use in it's deleterious game plan. Turn this into a gang fight and they will laugh the whole time they are gutting the PA hunting community! But don't wporry C08, you will have your own bow time ans screw the rest. That will give you satisfaction.
BRING BACK SPROUL!!

Quick Reply: There is hope in PA. Crossbow not quite a done deal!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.