Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Turkey season

Old 05-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Turkey season

Got my second bird this morning at around 6:30. At daybreak a jake and hen pitched down into the area where I was. Soon the other 3 jakes that I saw yesterday joined up and then a hen came from another direction. I could see the birds out in the middle of the field and they weren't interested in my decoys. In the distance I heard a lone gobble so I started to call. He got closer and came right in. I shot him at 25 yds just before he reached the decoys.[/align][/align]20 1/4 pounds[/align]1 1/4" spurs[/align]9" beard[/align][/align][/align]

Old 05-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

I got one this morning .He won't win any contests but a nice bird 19 lbs ,9 inch beard and 15/16 spurs . The only bad thing is my son's bird was bigger
Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

got my first bird of the season this morning 14 1/2 pounds , 5 inch beard 1/2 spurs, no monster but its a start

Old 05-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Got my second bird this morning at around 6:30. At daybreak a jake and hen pitched down into the area where I was. Soon the other 3 jakes that I saw yesterday joined up and then a hen came from another direction. I could see the birds out in the middle of the field and they weren't interested in my decoys. In the distance I heard a lone gobble so I started to call. He got closer and came right in. I shot him at 25 yds just before he reached the decoys.20 1/4 pounds1 1/4" spurs9" beard

It's an easy sport, now isn't it!?
Great job guys!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:20 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Got my second bird this morning at around 6:30. At daybreak a jake and hen pitched down into the area where I was. Soon the other 3 jakes that I saw yesterday joined up and then a hen came from another direction. I could see the birds out in the middle of the field and they weren't interested in my decoys. In the distance I heard a lone gobble so I started to call. He got closer and came right in. I shot him at 25 yds just before he reached the decoys.
[/align]
[/align]20 1/4 pounds
[/align]1 1/4" spurs
[/align]9" beard
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]

It's guys like you,that don't leave birds for other hunters!
A second congrat's is in order! Good job!

[:@]BRING BACK SPROUL [:@]
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to blkpowder, Champlain Islander, Vermont Hunterand all the rest of you guys who have scored!

Havent been out yet! Every time I've set aside to go has gotten messed up by the weather,unexpected family issues or medical issues[:@].

I'm hoping this week will be different!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

It's an easy sport, now isn't it!?
Great job guys!
Ed it is Easy only when things work out perfectly which rarely happens. That is what keeps me coming back.....never knowing how it will all turn out. Just for the record I went to a buddies turkey camp for the past 2 days to help with some camp chores, drink some brews and get away for a bit. I didn't bring my gun since I am limited outbut tried to help him with the calling and set up since he is a lot newer at it that I am. We located 2 good birds, got set up on them in different areas and couldn'tget either one to come in so that is how it goes. I felt bad for him and reallyhoped to get a bird hot enough to close the deal but no luck.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

If we got them every time out we wouldn't keep going.. it's the uncertainty and challenge that keeps us going...

Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

For me, it was the days that old gobbler beat my butt,that created that can't wait to get back out attitude.Turkey hunting gets in your blood. I havehunted turkey for over twenty- five -years,the passion for the sport[/align]keeps on growing![/align]
Old 05-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Dominant Buck

The turkeys have most of the advantages over hunters. They can fly, run muchfaster andhave better eyesight. They are vocal and obsessed with breeding helps to give us the edge. Gaining familiarity with the terrain and remembering past encounters helps us to unravel their patterns.

Quick Reply: Turkey season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.