Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PGC critic has a bit of  crow for supper... >

PGC critic has a bit of crow for supper...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC critic has a bit of crow for supper...

Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC critic has a bit of crow for supper...

ORIGINAL: WV Gino

>baiting,group hunting,the ability togive your unused tags to someone else,unlimited tags,a rifle season that lasted several months and a host of other things.

Doug what is soo outladish about any of these? It just sounds like a lot of other states to me. Maybe not the several month rifle season but most other states have longer seasons for deer than PA.

I have a buddy who manages 4000 acres in 2G Clinton County. He is begging hunters to hunt and kill deer and is still not getting enough shot. THere FLIR numbers are in the 20 plus per squre mile but on average hunters see 1.7 deer total for the season when they are hunting the property.

Gino

I suppose those things are tools that can be used in specific situation,just like sharpshooters can but they aren't needed for statewide regulations.I spoke with this guy and read alot of his ramblings.He's a nut job.

As far as your buddy goes,those results don't surprise me one bit.As the dd starts to approach 20 dpsm,hunters start complaining that there's no deer.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

20 deer PSM aint exactly deer heaven. See thats my opinion.One big problem why no one agrees is the generation gap which will always exist. 40 deer PSM is a good start.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Doug

here is more info on this Clinton County land and the deer management
going on there.

Mike sends out surveys to all guys who obtain DMAP coupons. It's amazing
how few deer sightings there are with densities in the 20's

http://huntwestbranch.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-post.html

Gino
Old 04-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: WV Gino

>baiting,group hunting,the ability togive your unused tags to someone else,unlimited tags,a rifle season that lasted several months and a host of other things.

Doug what is soo outladish about any of these?

What is so outlandish about any of these? Do we really need to hear this guy say anything more to understand what kind of a nutcase he really is? Gino is as much of a nutcase as the one who originally said this. These few words speaks volumes about him.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Banned

Gino, not sure what your latest "inept hunter" bash session has to do with this thread.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

This clown also thinks we should dmap our gamelands! LOL. Shares that notion with audubon, because their ridiculous 84 special bird areas[8D] are just about everywhere and overlap with many of our gamelands.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Gino is an avid birdwatcher, memer of Audubon society, (even drives a Toyota suv, hee hee...) and works for the US Forest service. His viewpoint is what one would expect from the antideer movement.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

Gino is an avid birdwatcher, memer of Audubon society, (even drives a Toyota suv, hee hee...) and works for the US Forest service. His viewpoint is what one would expect from the antideer movement.
Exactly!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

It is a shame our commission is listening to folks like Shissler. Come on....really.

If I want leftist news I'll turn on CNN. If I want to lean to the right I watch Fox.

If the commission wants to hear how well they are doing in deer management...I guess they want to hear this guy. Let's keep managing the entire ecosystem because clearly other states are not doing that and their ecosystem is so messed up ......... Let's instead piss hunters off and keep reducing our heard. Sounds like fun!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gino's a real hunter and he undestands the issues.Labeling him an eco-weenie or whatever is innacurate.

The commission is not listening to Shissler.They shot down every one of his requests.

Quick Reply: PGC critic has a bit of crow for supper...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.