Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WV coyote hunters >

WV coyote hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV coyote hunters

Old 04-19-2009, 01:31 PM

Default WV coyote hunters

Was just wondering coyote sizes and weights u all have been killing this year.I live in tucker county and just really had time to start tohunt this week because of work.Have had good luck with killing two already and killed my biggest one ever friday evening it was a old male that came in after a couple of challange howls right before dark.It was 61 pounds and the coat was awsome for this time of year.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:33 PM

Default RE: WV coyote hunters

Noboday at all
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Been a couple years since I got one up north here in Hancock county. A 61 pounder that's huge! I had a buddy that got one that was 50+ a couple years ago.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:51 PM

Thanks for the reply.killed that big one about 1/4 of a mile from the county trash dump.It has been a pretty good place to hunt the past few years.My cousin and I killed 6 in the same area last year biggest one was 48 pounds.Well hope you have a good year hunting thanks again
Old 05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

we have been overrun by coyotes here in Berkeley Co... but I won't hunt 'em. they do damage to the deer/turkey/rabbit/and grouse populations, however,they have a right to exsist. so far they haven't been THAT big of a detrement to the game, as has been thedevelopment of their habitat. when they becomea REAL threat, then the DNR will initiate a culling,I believe. I have no issues with those who do hunt coyotes, as they may feel differently about it than I do. I had 1bust up a flock of birds last spring while working a gobbler on Sleepy Creek, but I let him walk @ 25 steps....he sure was pretty!!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:39 PM

Hey man I totaly see your points,and understand how you feel.But what did it for me was seeing one after another chaseing deer after deer out of my bow stand and rifle stand.And seeing the damage they have did to a friend of mine sheep and cow farm in the next county over.Trust me I hope they dont give you any trouble or your game herd any trouble in your area but If they dont I will be surprised.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer, turkeys, and all of god's creatures "have a right to exist". That has nothing to do with hunting does it??

Coyotes will never be exterminated by regular hunters becauseit would take a monumental amount of concertedtime and effort to get something like that accomplished (if it was even possible at all)...which no one has these days, so why not take every opportunity to control them whenever possible...we won't even make a real dent in their population.......and as far as looking for the dnr to say "when", that doesn't seem reasonable given the fact that the dnr doesn't even have enoughwardens to patrol this state effectively.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Hillbilly, I totaly agree.and as for the dnr they have said when around here they have set traps after trap around peoples farms because of livestock damage and around one of the state park campgrounds because of them coming into peoples campsites at night.but like hillbilly said there are only a couple of game wardens in are area and they can only do so much.But anyway getting ready to try a new spot out tomarrow.Found alot of sign there last week gobbler hunting.Will post updates. Also wonder why DNR hasnt put a bag limit or why they have a open season on coyotes????????????????????? HMMMMMM
Old 05-24-2009, 10:11 AM

Well the new spot worked out yesterday morning.Right at day light a couple of howels and alittle rabbit distress brought out a ragged looking female at about 200 yards. gother in to about 125yd before I smoked her.Not sure what was wrong with her but I would say at least 75 percent of her hair was gone and had what looked small sores all over her.Not sure what it lookes like but could this be mange.any info
Old 05-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice going. what county are you in??

I know what "mangy" lookin critters look like but am not sure if the sores are anothersymptom of it. Could be multiple problems..sounds pretty ugly.

Quick Reply: WV coyote hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.