Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rendell Back At His Anti-Gun Agenda >

Rendell Back At His Anti-Gun Agenda

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rendell Back At His Anti-Gun Agenda

Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rendell Back At His Anti-Gun Agenda

>..Kinda off-topic, but I've been told by people who know that he's going to pull the state funding for public broadcasting....PBS. Now that is just going waaaay too far. I was watching PBS the other evening,

You do realize you were the only one watching, right?

Wv Gino
Old 04-16-2009, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

Ed Rendell has lost touch with what Pa wants and what America wants. We should probably ban cars that go over 15mph because too many people are getting killed by drunk drivers.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

PBS, Ever since they dropped Red Green Show it is a boor anyhow. Otherwise it's that bald head dude makning it look like everything he does in the outdoors makes him a heman. But the Antique Road Show is good, seen some nice guns and cutlasses on there. Maybe that is why Rendell dropping support, Too much violent things on AR!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Gino

>..Kinda off-topic, but I've been told by people who know that he's going to pull the state funding for public broadcasting....PBS. Now that is just going waaaay too far. I was watching PBS the other evening,

You do realize you were the only one watching, right?

Wv Gino

...........Yeah...could have guessed as much....It IS educational TV....
Sure do love those cooking shows, tho...and Antiques Road Show is a never miss for me. The pledge drives drive me nuts, but I still continue to donate and support it.....This Old House, etc........
Old 04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont feel bad Pa.. I support it down here also. Love the state history shows. Those alone are worth it to me.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lx lungbuster7

Ed Rendell has lost touch with what Pa wants and what America wants. We should probably ban cars that go over 15mph because too many people are getting killed by drunk drivers.
Ed Rendell was never in touch in the first place.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our illustrious Governor with ALL the answers. Enforce the laws and you reduce the problem.. Assault rifles are "semi automatic rifles." What would you classify a semi auto shotgun or pistol? When the assault rifle ban was in place, the "Brady Bill" ALL firearms were restricted in capacity. No 15 round clips for pistols, no removable plugs for shotguns. There is also NRA competition for semi auto rifles with special classes for M1 Garand, M1 A1 and AR 15 thesemi autoversions of the military firearmsat local and national levels as Camp Perry. [/align][/align]Seems the incident that generated this revival to ban semi auto rifles was in Pittsburgh when 3 police were killed by one person while responding to a domestic violence call. Seems the 911 dispatcher forgot to pass on to the officers that the caller, his mother,specifically told the dispatcher that he was armed. What would the outcome have been if the police that responded were aware the man had a firearm and that the police were armed with M-16's. Like the shootout in California where two bank robbers with ILLEGALfull auto AK's and armor piercing ammo decided to shoot their way out of the bank. What did the police do? They went to a local gun shop and picked up AR 15's because they were outgunned. Then and only then did the state of California allow street cops to carrysemi auto firearms in their vehicles. It's timeto drop the, "politically correct" position and arm the police with the same fire power used by the criminals.. [/align][/align][/align]