Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 They Haven't All Shed "Em Yet! >

They Haven't All Shed "Em Yet!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

They Haven't All Shed "Em Yet!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default They Haven't All Shed "Em Yet!

Last night I had to lay some rubber stripes on the road to save a trip to the body shop. Imagine my surprise to see a 2.5 or 3.5 year old (guess they can be referred to now as a 3 or 4 year old!) eight point with rack very much intact. The deer was large bodied and looked very healthy coming out of winter, but then again winter has been pretty mild across the southern tier. Since he was coming out of a state park, I might have to take a walk in there after another week or two. Anyone else seeing any bucks that haven't dropped?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: They Haven't All Shed "Em Yet!

I have a buddy tell me he has seen a mature buck into April with his head gear still intact.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a monster with full headgear around April fools day one year.
No kidding.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I havent found one decent shed yet. Maybe I'm just having a bad year but maybe there's a fair number who've simply not dropped yet.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I havent found one decent shed yet. Maybe I'm just having a bad year but maybe there's a fair number who've simply not dropped yet.
Maybe there are less bucks than there was before? Could that be a reason or do you refuse to accept that as an answer considering your arse kissing the pGC. I say that is the reason.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: scorp

Maybe there are less bucks than there was before? Could that be a reason or do you refuse to accept that as an answer considering your arse kissing the pGC. I say that is the reason.
Well , considering tha I saw 7 legal bucks in my last three days of late archery not including the one that I eventually shot during that period, wrong!

The bucks are still there for those who know how to find them. Of course, given the quality of your posts since you came(back) on board here, I can understand why YOU would beleive there are no bucks left LOL.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: scorp

Well , considering tha I saw 7 legal bucks in my last three days of late archery not including the one that I eventually shot during that period, wrong!

The bucks are still there for those who know how to find them. Of course, given the quality of your posts since you came(back) on board here, I can understand why YOU would beleive there are no bucks left LOL.

I problly shot more deer in5 years in my youth wild days than you have your entire life. And you need not know how many I got last season.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

we are saying the antlers dropped early inour area. Seen a bunch of small bucks during gun but nothing real shooter size. During arch we saw many shooters.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I problly shot more deer in5 years in my youth wild days than you have your entire life. And you need not know how many I got last season.
"problly not, LOL"

Oh wait, we are talkin about legally shot, fair chase, arent we? Exactly what does it mean when you refer to those wild youth days? Did you simply poach back then?

If not.......

Old 03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was just visiting a friend in Clinton Co Tuesday and Yesterday and he had 3 bucks together cross his driveway over the weekend that all still had their antlers.......also said all 3 were REALLY nice bucks looking like 08' 3 1/2yr olds with similar 120-130" frames.
2 had very pale gray racks the 3rd he said were as white as any antlers he's ever seen.

Quick Reply: They Haven't All Shed "Em Yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.