HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   What do you hunt during the off-season season? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/28835-what-do-you-hunt-during-off-season-season.html)

Mainehunter 04-21-2003 07:02 PM

What do you hunt during the off-season season?

I find myself sitting around from the end of November until the end of October almost drooling over the next whitetail season. What do you hunt or what do you do between whitetail seasons to remain sane???

Maine Hunter

Deleted User 04-21-2003 07:52 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

LeeinVa1 04-21-2003 08:43 PM

RE: What do you hunt during the off-season season?

I hunt for a place to FISH.

cgarrett55 04-21-2003 09:08 PM

I hunt for coyotes.

NewYorkHunter 04-21-2003 10:04 PM

I hunt those fake deer or those spots...with my bow :D

I also partake in almost every form of outdoor activity - small game, snowshoeing, fishing, turkey, trapping, target shooting, skeet, trap, scouting etc.

JimPic 04-21-2003 11:04 PM

Once deer season is over,I' ll waterfowl hunt til mid-March.In April trout season opens then I' ll go out and bust some groundhogs thru-out the Spring and Summer,Also get some bowfishing in.I shoot my hunting bows 3-4 times a week,too and get some flyfishing in for trout.Plenty to do just seems I need more time to do it all.And I almost forgot--turkey hunting in May!!

Stealthy_Bowman 04-22-2003 08:33 AM

Turkeys ;)

bubbamoose 04-22-2003 08:34 AM

Let me see,
Feb is sign up time for the kids spring sports
March practice starts
April May and June the seasons are in
June July Aug and first part of Sept is scouting time
Sept. 15 Season starts.
Of course I shoot when the weather permits, and am working on the wife to allow me to shoot cattie corner across the basement. I figure thats going to be a good 15 to 20 yard shot. Something the keep me a little sharp.

Rack-attack 04-22-2003 10:18 AM

OFFSEASON????????, There is such a thing[:o]

Jan to June - its hard scouting, shed hunting, setting up trees, clearing routes in and out. hunting new areas, new beds, and new deer

June to Sept - Fishing, shooting, and keeping tabs on the Bachelor herds.

Oct - Dec - time to shoot em:D

jerseyhunter 04-22-2003 10:38 AM

All you guys get is one month. Our early Bow season starts Mid Sept. Our Final Bow Season ends Mid February. Permit Shotgun Starts Late Nov. And our final shotgun Season ends Mid February. Five months of Hunting. What would I do MOVE. All kidding aside I fish.and relax on the beach. Oh I almost forgot I have to work to pay for those FIVE MONTHS of HUNTING.