Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Maybe Crossbows won't be that big.... >

Maybe Crossbows won't be that big....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maybe Crossbows won't be that big....

Old 03-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Maybe Crossbows won't be that big....

Just a thought guys. My shop is selling a ton of compounds right now, especially to new guys. Only a few calls so far on crossbows. I realize this is only one shop and maybe the flood of crossbows won't get sold until September.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Maybe Crossbows won't be that big....

Could it be that the kind of hunter that many of us worried about, (those looking for a shortcut) have already gotten their crossbow with one of those 63,000 disabled permits?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

You might not be tofar off with that statement.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

If so, that would mean that my concerns were unfounded. Boy would I be happy to be proven to have been wrong on this one!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be good btb but you have to remember our archery season is still a long way off. And with online
shopping now days i am willing to bet alot will buy their new bows online . I dont go to the local sporting goods
store much anymore
Old 03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah you're right. But just like with that 180" 12 pointer, we can dream can't we?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Ah,monster bucks everywhere and nobody but vertical bowhunters pursuing them! Dang alarm clock,not now! [/align]

Old 03-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

I think I'll wait a few more years, then I'll be able to use my in-line in archery season to get a buck. Right now I'm allowed to use my in-line for seven days to shoot a doe and the last three days I can use my center fire rifle, if I choose to do so.

I really don't understand why the in-line season includes two weekends, worse yet, is that center fire three days with all the leaves on the trees, for Junior and Senior hunters.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep..if I eat crow I'll be smiling on every bite.
The mad rush will happen in August/Sept, is my hunch though.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I worked the Kinsey's Archery Products dealer show this weekend in Hershey and every dealer I talked to said they are selling very well, taking orders and expect it to get even better.
They were the talk of the show and the crossbow booths were busy the whole time from what i saw.

I know I wore out my vocal chords going over the Strykeforce for everyone from the dealer who never saw one to reps from the PA Game Commission who were in attendance.

There were also shooting booths available to try the new 10Pts, Hortons, Excalibur, Parker and Barnetts. We couldn't allow anyone to shoot the Strykeforce because the 20" deep Block full wall range targets wouldn't hold them and we'd shoot holes in the Hershey Convention center walls.

In any event crossbow talk was brisk and from what I hear as feedback from our dealers they expect to sell a ton of Strykeforces to PA. I already know there are a bunch out there and more on the way but I cannot divulge actual sales numbers.
The bottom line is that the high performance ones will be well represented this archery season and when the word gets out and guys really start to get educated as to performance and how it relates from model to model that number will pick up greatly.

Remember too the traditional "buying season" for each year is August and September.

Quick Reply: Maybe Crossbows won't be that big....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.