Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NEW JERSEY HUNTERS/TREESTANDS >

NEW JERSEY HUNTERS/TREESTANDS

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW JERSEY HUNTERS/TREESTANDS

Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default NEW JERSEY HUNTERS/TREESTANDS

i just cant figure out these new jersey hunters.

they leave their ladder treestands up on stateforestland.

some of these stands are like 300 dollars.

everywhere i go if i see a new jersey hunter in woods,you will find a treestand left there after hunting season.

some have been there for years.

money must not mean much too them, i would be worried someone would steal it,heck i check on mine every other day during 2 weeks of deer i am scared someone will steal it, yet they leave them there for years.

i think its about time the DCNR here in pa starts removing these stands .its getting terrible looking in woods now,everywhere you look,you see a stand against a tree and sometimes 5 in just a 200 yd area.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:00 AM

Default RE: NEW JERSEY HUNTERS/TREESTANDS

they got the money to do that. it must be nice i guess. or they forgot were they put it.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TGRIZWALD

they got the money to do that. it must be nice i guess. or they forgot were they put it.
that too.

i could see leaving a 49 dollar one, thats what i have BUT they leave 300 dollar ones.

if someone kills a deer they put like 3 around in circle in 1 area.leave them there.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sproul, I beleive that I read in a PA publication (can't remember which) that DCNR, the USFS and the PGC regard treestands left after hunting season to be litter. Check with the appropraite owning agency and report the GPS location of the stands.

I'm not advicating the taking of a treestand, most of us have had one or more stolen, but I think the official position is that taking one down now is not stealing, merely cleaning up litter. If you reallly want to be upstanding about it, double check on the agency's policy and attach notes this season warning it will be taken down by x day after season.

Personally, I dont believe in leaving them on public ground. Howis a courteous fellow hunter supposed to honor the guys spot when he basically has staked a claim for the season on a particular spot? When my sons were young enough that we all hunted close, we would take our stands out the sunday afternoon before the gun opener and put them up just at the end of the day and be in them before first light..A couple years ago, we came in to find a ladder stand leaned about 10 yards from my oldest sons favorite spot. He did the gentlemanly thing and moved elsewhere. Next morning we wnet in past that ladder stand and it was empty and remained that way every day we went near it. He hasn't hunted that particular spot since but next time I see a long term treestand on public ground, I'm hunting there if I dang well please to do so!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Speaking of treestands.I've not only come across the same situation as sproul,but have also found permanent stands on Govt. ground. My buddy wanted to hunt from one this past season. I told him, he would be fined as the person for building it. But not sure? Or do you have to be caught constructing the stand?[/align]
Old 03-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

The occupant is considered the builder and you will be fined. You would pay for damages to the tree as well.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: livbucks

The occupant is considered the builder and you will be fined. You would pay for damages to the tree as well.
Thanks for clarifying that![/align]
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I remeber a guy from my club getting caught in someone's permanent stand. It was a mature Cherry tree and buying the tree far eclipsed the fine!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

as far as ladder stands go i dont see the problem if nobody is ever in them i certainly wouldnt drag my own
stand to that location just use the one there (right or wrong) Glad i dont hunt public land thou
Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

my brother said he saw same thing in another area,in fact, he left his 2 out there tooalso the loggy lock on i gave him[:@]

what the heck is going on with people

Quick Reply: NEW JERSEY HUNTERS/TREESTANDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.