HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   $100 PGC doe kill reward (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/287913-100-pgc-doe-kill-reward.html)

bowhunter2117 02-28-2009 03:00 AM

$100 PGC doe kill reward

Has anyone read the latest issue of Pa Outdoor News and the $100 reward for shooting doe that have been ear tagged all you need to do is call in to an 800 number to claim the bounty what are your thoughts on this

BTBowhunter 02-28-2009 03:15 AM

RE: $100 PGC doe kill reward

The original doe mortality study showed hunting to be a very low factor in doe deaths. The concern was that hunters might be reluctant to shoot collared does so the PGC is tagging does in a way that wont be obvious and shouldnt affect a hunters decision to shoot.

Hopefully it will either produce a more accurate assesssment of doe mortality than the first study orreinforce the initial results.

sproulman 02-28-2009 07:11 PM

the talk is the KNOTHEADS are going HEAD hunting for deer ear tags.

if they dont find one, shoot another doe.

thats not me talking, just what i am reading.

also there will not be reward for every ear tag, only certain ones.

so, you may call in and get nothing.:)

i think its waste of money myself.

what is it going to prove anyhow,if you tagged the deer, you know how many are in area.

with money as short as it is now, paying a reward is not necessary.
i just hope hunters dont go on a FREDDY KRUGER killing spree looking for 100 dollar tags.

dont think for moment there are not people like that out there.

TWOWITHONE 03-01-2009 05:15 PM

window.google_render_ad();

The original doe mortality study showed hunting to be a very low factor in doe deaths. The concern was that hunters might be reluctant to shoot collared does so the PGC is tagging does in a way that wont be obvious and shouldnt affect a hunters decision to shoot.

BTB can you bring up that study again its been quite a few yrs since that was done. I heard they were still getting bleeps on the collars only to find they were in somebodys garage so the deer was butchered allready.

sproulman 03-01-2009 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: TWOWITHONE

window.google_render_ad();

BTB can you bring up that study again its been quite a few yrs since that was done. I heard they were still getting bleeps on the collars only to find they were in somebodys garage so the deer was butchered allready.
most ,if not all collared DEER ARE DEAD.

WE KNOW OF 1 THAT IS STILL ALIVE ,it was seen around darrins camp with collar on.

my opinion is most were shot and hunters kept the collars .

i heard 1 bear was found dead with collar that he choaked on, the collar did not expand.

livbucks 03-01-2009 06:43 PM

The signal indicates if the deer is dead. There is no guessing.
They follow up on mortality signals and find the collars and yes they find them in yards and garages etc.

sproulman 03-01-2009 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

The signal indicates if the deer is dead. There is no guessing.
They follow up on mortality signals and find the collars and yes they find them in yards and garages etc.
so, we go to ear tag which is step in right direction ,not as expensive.

DougE 03-02-2009 06:57 AM

Sproul,they've been doing a gobbler mortality study for the last two years,using the exact same method.Are they trying to kill all the turkeys?Are people just blasting gobblers and letting them lay?You USP conspiracy theorists need to wake up.

sproulman 03-02-2009 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: DougE

Sproul,they've been doing a gobbler mortality study for the last two years,using the exact same method.Are they trying to kill all the turkeys?Are people just blasting gobblers and letting them lay?You USP conspiracy theorists need to wake up.
douge, if you read my post, i said ITS WHAT I READ.

not my opinion.

also i was not on the USP forum which i have not read in over a year.

DougE 03-02-2009 12:49 PM

It's a study to find the hunting mortality of doe.Professional biologists do this all the time.It has nothing to do with killing more deer.It's a valid scientific approach.