Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 went for a ride walk >

went for a ride walk

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

went for a ride walk

Old 02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: went for a ride walk

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

But our group has seen no benefit from ARs. without ARs we would have harvested at least 10 buck since 2002 but instead we got 3 buck. we are not rack hunters so ARs has done nothing but decrease our level of enjoyment and with HR we even feel guilty harvesting a doe. How would you like hunting under those conditions?
We are all hunting under those conditions.Every Pa hunter. Some of us know how to deal with it and some don't.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a flat out lie. The hunters in 2G are not hunting under the same conditions as 2B. Hunters in 2g are not hunting under the same conditions as those in 2F. you really have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Spike

Thats very possible there BTB very possible. I keep seeing this forkhorn which I saw quite a few times again this past archery season and I saw him the yr before and the yr before that. So that makes him a 3 1/2 yr old buck with forkhorns. He must be pretty elusive from the junior hunters to still be walking around.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe find a deserving kid and try to put him on the deers pattern.

It'd be an act deserving of your screen name Twowithone. You'd be helping the gene pool and contributing to the development of a young hunter. WIN, WIN
Old 02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Spike

We are all hunting under those conditions.

Wrong AR changed that game. I could have nailed that forky 20 + times allready he,s protected that isnt my law. Just think about this, that forky is 3 1/2 now and guarenteed he,s been spreading his genes.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TWOWITHONE

We are all hunting under those conditions.

Wrong AR changed that game. I could have nailed that forky 20 + times allready he,s protected that isnt my law. Just think about this, that forky is 3 1/2 now and guarenteed he,s been spreading his genes.
Yes! AR changed the game, or the rules of the game for each and every one of us. My point was thatPa hunters all still play by the same rules as every other Pennsylvanian
Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM

I opened this post expecting to read about a few nice experiences in the woods. I did not expect to come across arguments over AR's or the PGC. The guy was just trying to share a story with us and I thank him for that. It sounds like you had a very nice time bowtruck. I too have seen several deer out and about that are very much healthy.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the vast majority of hunters suffer,so a very few hunters can a hang a buck on the wall. but at the same time 10K/yr. buck are lost to non-hunting mortality and wasted.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I've been anxious to go to my cabin (which is in the middle of 2G) to hike and look for sign. We may go there this weekend. It's on top of a mountain, and access has been almost impossible due to ice. Anyone know how the mountaintop roads are now?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sproul told me he had to walk three miles yeterday after getting stuckbut I'd guess thattoday and tomorrows warm spell will be a huge help.

Quick Reply: went for a ride walk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.