Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Honest Answers.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Honest Answers.

PA Bowhunters what are you planning for next season out of the following. Please just vote, this isn't ment to spur arguements over right and wrong.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Honest Answers.

Alright already I see we have three admitted red commie traders out there set on destroying whats left of PA great deer hunting traditions.[:-]
The rest of you guys seem OK though.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

No crossbow for me, until I'm too old or crippled up for a compound or recurve. Then I will most assuredly make the switch rather than give up my bow season. And that's the way it oughtto be. That's all I'll say on that matter, as for this yearI willl be carying my new Bowtech and splitting time with an old bear Kodiak recurve for nostalgia's sake, and promptly rebuking any healthy young fella I see toting a crossbow who doesn't need one.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

No crossbow for me, until I'm too old or crippled up for a compound or recurve. Then I will most assuredly make the switch rather than give up my bow season. And that's the way it oughtto be. That's all I'll say on that matter, as for this yearI willl be carying my new Bowtech and splitting time with an old bear Kodiak recurve for nostalgia's sake, and promptly rebuking any healthy young fella I see toting a crossbow who doesn't need one.
I wont be shooting a crossbow this season or any season in the near future,,,but it's comments like these that really make me wonder what side some of you guys are on? what right do you have to rebuke anyones choice of using a crossbow,,,and what exactly are you afraid of by someone making that choice,,,is it that your afraid their going to shoot YOUR deer? or could it be like some other know it all said "they will use em to shoot deer illegally off the light" Thats just the kind of statements that the Jim & Sarah Bradys of the world use everytime they meet in congress to decide whether or not i should be allowed to own a gun,,what if Obama decides that I,you,we dont need guns,,,then what the hell are you gonna do,,,keep up bad mouthing crossbows due to your ignorance and you might find a day that all weapons are on the chopping block,,including your (and mine) recurve and compound bows. If you ask me (which you hav'nt) these are the times when we as hunters should be sticking together to keep our sport alive
Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

promptly rebuking any healthy young fella go ahead i would tell
you where youcould go not so nicely then follow you around the woods
passing gas and making sure you had a good fun day not seeing deer
since i would releave myself by your tree cough gag talk anything
Old 02-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll stick to the compound.A crossbow reminds me of my rifle so if I want to shoot a gun I'll break out the 270.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

AndI would promptly kick your A. You see,I am YOUNG and STRONG and HEALTHY.... and if you are as well, then you should be using a trad orcompound, oryou are just a weak excuse for a hunter if you have to use a xbow 'cause you need that advantage to get your buck. The PGC lit this stinkbomb. They should have never passed that vote and made it legal. If they legalize fully auto rifles, I'm sure you fellas will rush out and buy one to up your odds of hitting something. If you fit that category, you dseerve a rebuking. Try and see past the antlers in your face and realize that the PGC made a huge mistake in making legal a weapon that ethics should tell you should be reserved for elderly and handicap. My compound bow is plenty deadly. We don't need any more advantages in archery season. Period. But go ahead if that is what you need to help you get a buck and feel good about yourself this year.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

AndI would promptly kick your A. You see,I am YOUNG and STRONG and HEALTHY.... and if you are as well, then you should be using a trad orcompound, oryou are just a weak excuse for a hunter if you have to use a xbow 'cause you need that advantage to get your buck. The PGC lit this stinkbomb. They should have never passed that vote and made it legal. If they legalize fully auto rifles, I'm sure you fellas will rush out and buy one to up your odds of hitting something. If you fit that category, you dseerve a rebuking. Try and see past the antlers in your face and realize that the PGC made a huge mistake in making legal a weapon that ethics should tell you should be reserved for elderly and handicap. My compound bow is plenty deadly. We don't need any more advantages in archery season. Period. But go ahead if that is what you need to help you get a buck and feel good about yourself this year.
It is usually those who brag how strong they are, are the first to end up on their arse! And if you decide to take that type of action[/align]against a person carrying a crossbow, that just might happen. A few of us have already stated our displeasure of the vote on alloying crossbows, but it's done. They will be in the woods alongside of us who still choose the compound or recurve. There are to many variables of what the outcome will be that are still unknown,since they haven't even started yet.Myself, if I come across a crossbow user in archery season, I'm going to ask what kind of day he had and wish them good luck! Like I do with any other fellow hunter![/align]
Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couldn't beat the vote so now the big strongman bowhunters are goinjg to attack the Xbow hunters? Ha-ha you and your bow orgs are a joke. It is obvious all the threats and tantrums you threw prior to the vote don't mean squat to the PGC, so why threaten us? Please come onto my ground and follow up on your threats. Please.............Wear your little patch so I know which Org. you belong too! Maybe you can then get back on this web site w/ your little bow hunting Org friends and cry some more! Get a life and start worrying about how long you have left to hunt, then what you hunt with..........Bigger threats than a Xbow HUNTER out there.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Alright already I see we have three admitted red commie traders out there set on destroying whats left of PA great deer hunting traditions.[:-]
The rest of you guys seem OK though.
As Bugs Bunny once said, "what a maroon". Don't whine unless you're hunting with a longbow or a recurve. Compound bowswith pin sights and stabilizers are a long way from the primitive weapon season that was archery season.

Quick Reply: Honest Answers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.