Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 More money NY.,,,,here we go .. >

More money NY.,,,,here we go ..

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More money NY.,,,,here we go ..

Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: More money NY.,,,,here we go ..

Charlie it's not the amount but the fact that it's being stolen from it's intended purpose.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Typical Buck

that is a lot of money for our short season. I wouldn't mind so much if they would give us a longer season or add a later season in January like Ohio. I would even be happy with a crossbow season in January.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

My point exactly ,
If the money was used for its proper intent , it would be fine .
I,d also like to see a week long muzzle loader or bow season deer of either sex at the end of the firearm season .
I ,m sure alot of hunters hold out for a buck and sometimes get nothing .
So it would give them a chance to put some venason in the freezer .
Old 02-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, IMHO, we get a pretty good bang for the buck here. Considering I can get 5 deer, 2 buck, 60 days of big game hunting, two turkey, a bear, trout,salmon, all other fish and small game, my super sportsman is cheap.

My only beef is the dismall job the state does on stocking approved trout streams: not nearly as good as the EXCELLENT job Pa. does.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Typical Buck

Crokit...maybe you get out more than the rest of us. I have a family and it is very difficult for me to get out every weekend. Wspecially when bow season was only 28 days last season. I am a weeekend warrior that truly loves to bow hunt. Conpared to most of the other states, we have a very short season. Look at Ohio, NJ, N or S Carolina to compare. Yea, I fish for recreation with my son, but I don't eat anything from Lake Erie, Niagara River or Lake Ontario. I live on the river and would not eat ANYTHING that swims in that water.I get the Conservation License every year and plan to this year too. It would be nice if our money went where it was intended and we could sqweek out a few extra weeks for the guys that can't get out every weekend. I know there are plenty of deer in my area.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

NYbowhunter: I hear ya! Ever since I caught a bag of hospital waste{ syringes, I.V. tubes, transfusion bags } in 18 mile { ontario } I haven't eaten a fish from great lakes waters. However, I fish probably 6-8X more now than I ever did.

I'm happy with the length of our big game season-Gun-{ won't ever complain if it IS increased though}. Usually, by the time it's over, my body, and my wife, are thankful. So many states count there season in days, rather than weeks, which IMHO, accounts greatly for the B & C's taken there. Oh, Ia, Ill., Ind.,Ks. Neb., to name a few.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Boy that money I spent on a lifetime sportsman and archery license when I was 16is looking more and more like money well spent! LOL!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

In case you fellows haven't seen it, your N.Y. 2008 deer harvest report is out, also bear. If anyone would like to start a new posting, it's at http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/42232.html I also have the site for the bear report, but I'm sure you guys are capable of finding it.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I,d also like to see a week long muzzle loader or bow season deer of either sex at the end of the firearm season . I ,m sure alot of hunters hold out for a buck and sometimes get nothing .
So it would give them a chance to put some venason in the freezer .
Well if they bought a SS they already have that oppurtunity.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:45 AM

It would be allright if the money went into consevation, but it goes into the general fund and most of that goes to N.Y.C. Last time I looked there wasn't any hunting seasons there. It's not about to change until we get someone voted in from upstate ny and I don't think that will ever happen.