Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new york hunters ,should know. >

new york hunters ,should know.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new york hunters ,should know.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default new york hunters ,should know.

im not sure if many of you know what certain groups are trying to pull off beneath your noses,everyone should read..im all for big deer,but when a certain group is going to try to get the dec,to start telling people that no more spikes,and only mature bucks can be taken,i thought every one should have a say and not just them. http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/20..._dec.html#more
Old 02-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new york hunters ,should know.

Where did you hear that?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

sorry about that,its at that link.in syracuse news paper. http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/20..._dec.html#more at the bottom you read how they say they(most new york sportsmen)feel this way?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

My son lives in Tioga County, N.Y. Here is a copy of the antler restriction report from the DEC which expains what it would take for AR to become statewide and what hunters should expect if it does. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/27663.html
Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

we got too much other goin on and now we got this
Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

yes we do,on syracuse.com outdoor forum,if you post any info on it someone has you deleted,i just wrote to them,and they said they will look into it,now days if they dont agree with you they dont even want to hear you? .http://www.syracuse.com/forums/outdoors/
Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hijack your thread again, but welcome to PA style wildlife mgt. Next to come will be the HR on a massive scale.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

the only problem is they dont have enough support to make it state wide here,yet?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

The DEC already tells us what we can shoot.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find it sickening how many hunters are happy with hunting ONLY when it involves big antlers. Totally stupid in my opinion. The states responsibility is to manage deer numbers and NOT the size of an bucks antlers or to manage a herd for trophy hunters. In the scheme of things antler size means JACK to a deer herd. These QDM bozos try to make it sound like they are the only ones who know what's best for herd when in reality their true intentions are geared to trophy hunters. The statement in the article that "BETTER DEER and BETTER DEER HUNTING equals more economic growth, happier hunters and better science !" is nonesense. Deer hunting is dying a natural death in NYS with fewer and fewer young people being interested. Deer hunting is already good in NYS and I highly doubt bigger buck antlers will be bringing these young people to hunting if it already hasn't.

Quick Reply: new york hunters ,should know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.