Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the expo

Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default the expo

has anyone been to the expo and is there anything good
other than 100 outfitters
Old 02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: the expo

It seemed more like 1000 outfitters!

Oh and a coupledozen Sham Wow dealers!!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know why anyone who has ever been to one of these sportsman type expos would ever want to go again. They are a complete waste of time and money in my opinion. A nice walk in the woods would be much more educational and worthwhile.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

so i guess it is not worth missing a days pay and 3hr drive oneway on sunday then
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Remember the past shows whenthe majority of the show was made up of a variety of manufactures. With the opportunity to see new bows, firearms, fishing tackle and so on, first hand. And being able to get some great deals at the show. Like you stated , it's been mostly outfitters, charter captains or vacation booths.[/align]
Old 02-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

God help us!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

They were sellin em like hotcakes! The place was crowded so getting bumped all the time was just part of the deal. Bet me and my buddy got bumped a couple dozen times by those darn things rolled up and tucked under folks arms. If you could kill a deer with em the herd would be in trouble this season!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

so i guess it is not worth missing a days pay and 3hr drive oneway on sunday then
I wouldn't. I had to meet a guy from Illinois there about our leases. Otherwise I sure wouldn't have bothered. Very crowded even on a Wednesday.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:29 AM

Myfriend and I went on Wednesday to talk to the outfitter of our upcoming spring bear hunt in Maine. Some things had changed since we booked the hunt and we just wanted go overthe changeswith him. As far as the show,I really don't see myself going again anytime soon. Sitting in traffic, $8.00 parking, $12.00 entrance fee [ for what? ], $15.00 for two hot dogs,two bottles of water and two bags of chips for my son and myself.And crowds. No thanks.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

Myfriend and I went on Wednesday to talk to the outfitter of our upcoming spring bear hunt in Maine. Some things had changed since we booked the hunt and we just wanted go overthe changeswith him. As far as the show,I really don't see myself going again anytime soon. Sitting in traffic, $8.00 parking, $12.00 entrance fee [ for what? ], $15.00 for two hot dogs,two bottles of water and two bags of chips for my son and myself.And crowds. No thanks.
whos the outfitter are you hooking up with?i was up their last year with turnpike ridge outfitters what a blast!!

Quick Reply: the expo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.