Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CWD in PA?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM

Default RE: CWD in PA?

ORIGINAL: Scott Gags

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! You are asking for a credible source from this board???? Your a freakin comic BTB. LMFAO
Explorer Jack it works like this.

Here is a link from the Pa Game Commission that indicates it is within 25 miles of PAs southern border.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?A=11&Q=165168&pp=12&n=1

No actual positive tests known at this time, but with this being only 25 miles away it is likely there are a few. KYFDVKLYEDDCVIKUTFGY
Nothing has been heard since though. Again this was back in 2005 your posting is from. The cases in NY though was found in healthy looking deer on a deer farm. They believed it was brought in from another state. It was a pen raised deer. So if the deer is healthy looking, Most likely if it is there,No one would of reported it out of unusual. They say to look for sick deer. It also takes a year+ for it to show it's affect. From 2005 to now,if CWD was in PA it would of shown up from the 2005 case I would think.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

Whats the number of tags got to do with the number of hunters? I can't wait to hear this answer!
Do you have a better way to determine the the number of hunters in your WMU?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Has anyone been hearing rumors of an actual diagnosed case of CWD in SW PA?

It has begun to circulate around here. I've heard it twice locally but so far no confirmation or media attention. The rumors came the same way the cougar rumors do so skepticism is warranted.

Has anyone heard something from a credible source?

I have not heard anything about any positive CWD cases in Pennsylvania yet.

They just got the results back from the hunter harvested elk and they were all negative for CWD and all other diseases tested for.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks RSB
I had seen the press release on the elk and that jogged my memory about the rumors. I hadn't put a lot of creedence to it but I figured if it had any validity, I'd have heard it here too.

It's a shame we had three pages of the usual PA bickering. It seems No subject is exempt from the hijackings if PA is part of it[:'(]
Old 02-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

jack, I'm from the SW area and we do have great habitat. And I'm willing to bet, we have more hunters per acreage than any other part of the state. On private or public ground.
[/align]
I have lived ,Born and raised on a farm in 5c. Deer pops. have dropped 90% on our farm because of The Gamelands that adjoins the farm. I dont hunt Pa anymore just patrol it and chase people off all day long,but 3 years ago on the first day of rifle season I had 71 people walk by my stand by noon. All walked right by a sea of no hunting signs. That great farm held 50 deer in the 70s now 4. Great management PGC.