Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX) >

Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

Old 02-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

I think they COULD allow 2 buck per year. Make the first buck tag the general one inclusive in your license purchase. Allow hunters the opportunity to purchase a second "trophy" tag for a decent chunk of change....let's just use $40 or so for a example.

How do you think rifle hunters would react to allowing archers to harvest two buck before rifle hunters even set foot in the woods?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have absolutely no evidence to support your delusional contention that 10K bucks die each year from nonhunting mortality.

Now try again AR is not HR...... HR is not AR
I have more than enough evidence to support my position. All you have to do is total the number of bucks saved by ARs and subtract the number of 2.5+ buck harvested and see if you don't come up with over 10K buck /yr. missing in action.

The same thing happened in Miss. and it is just common sense when you consider that the PGC uses an 18% non-hunting mortality rate for bucks.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I think they COULD allow 2 buck per year. Make the first buck tag the general one inclusive in your license purchase. Allow hunters the opportunity to purchase a second "trophy" tag for a decent chunk of change....let's just use $40 or so for a example.

How do you think rifle hunters would react to allowing archers to harvest two buck before rifle hunters even set foot in the woods?
They won't care. They all ran out and bought crossbows![:@]
Old 02-13-2009, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then I guess the PGC would have no choice but to shorten archery season so the few bucks that would be left could breed the emaining doe undisturbed.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

You have absolutely no evidence to support your delusional contention that 10K bucks die each year from nonhunting mortality.

Now try again AR is not HR...... HR is not AR
I have more than enough evidence to support my position. All you have to do is total the number of bucks saved by ARs and subtract the number of 2.5+ buck harvested and see if you don't come up with over 10K buck /yr. missing in action.

The same thing happened in Miss. and it is just common sense when you consider that the PGC uses an 18% non-hunting mortality rate for bucks.
I wonder how many buck die during the first two weeks of Nov alone, each year due to vehicle collisions when they are running does? 10K bucks statewide doesnot seem far fetched, considering in my small corner of the state,I routinely see a dozen plus hit during that period each year, within a ten or twenty mile radiusof home, not accounting for theremainder of the year and all other sources of non hunting mortality.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Then I guess the PGC would have no choice but to shorten archery season so the few bucks that would be left could breed the emaining doe undisturbed.
Might have to anyway. If recent sales are any indicator, it's going to be alot more crowded in October this year.[:@]

BTW, I would make the second buck tag archery only, and NO crossbows. Two buck tags in rifle season would kill too many. Crossbows might already accomplish this feat by themselves. I think success rates would have to be low, but to those who succeed it would be worth the extra $.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

Might have to anyway. If recent sales are any indicator, it's going to be alot more crowded in October this year.[:@]

BTW, I would make the second buck tag archery only, and NO crossbows. Two buck tags in rifle season would kill too many. Crossbows might already accomplish this feat by themselves. I think success rates would have to be low, but to those who succeed it would be worth the extra $.
That's OK with me as long as we exclude compound bows also. No mechanical advantages, no sights, no stabilizers, etc. Back to where real archery season began - long bows and recurve bows.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Banned

I dont support 2 tags for buck. That would be rediculous overkill.

We already are killing too many deer thanks to the ecoextremist deer plan. And now, the fact an extreme shortcut has been introduced to archery season and the crossgun is now in able bodied mens hands who've greedilystripped the sole usage from the handicapped...and that equals even more unwarranted deer slaughter thanks to pgc asnine decision and their unwillingness even prior to it to set APPROPRIATE allocations.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, I would make the second buck tag archery only, and NO crossbows
Are you being sarcastic or do you really think the PGC would ever approve something like that?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, I was being sarcastic. And yes, I don't put anything past the BOC these days. I heard they are considering fully automatic weapons for the latemuzzleloader hunt next year. As of course they should be. They surely have as much place there as the xbows in regular archery season. (More sarcasm.)

Quick Reply: Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.