Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX) >

Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

Old 02-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

math was not my strong suit but then again spelling wasnt either so maybe math was i dunno
it just seems like you always find numbers bb
Old 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I don't like math and I never was an accountant.
Actually, I believe that statement. It explains why you manage to draw the distorted conclusions you draw. It also explains why you can't understand when it's explained to you that you left out important parts of the equation or added in things that don't belong.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I don't like math and I never was an accountant.
Actually, I believe that statement. It explains why you manage to draw the distorted conclusions you draw. It also explains why you can't understand when it's explained to you that you left out important parts of the equation or added in things that don't belong.
That is your opinion which is completely unsupported by any facts. We can all claim that those that disagree with us ,don't know what they are talking about,but it is meaningless if you can't back it up and you can't come close.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

That guy in the pic looks pretty young and healthy...let me guess, his shoulder bothers him? Not like it matters anyway, with the new regs.
A fair portion of Westmoreland County is within the 2B WMU and crossbows have been legal to all for a while now.

Bucks like the one in the photo are rare freaks of nature even in the very best habitat in the country. Rest assured that AR's did not directly produce that deer.

Is that deer that big purely because of AR's? Probably not. Does that deer represent the norm? Of course not. Did we have deer that big before AR? Yes of course. But do some 1.5 fork horns have the potential to grow this big? You betcha!

In the face of alot of research that supports the prospect of AR's producing high grading effects, we may be closing the door to more top end specimens like him in the future.
Have you read the research that concludes the opposite?

[quote ]A close friend has been raising large, captive deer for years, and his largest bucks...who incidentally scored very close to that monster non typical, always sported exceptional antlers (110"+) as yearlings, and began demostrating their non typical characteristics by age 2.5.
Captive deer arent always a good indicator but since you brought them up, take a day and visit Double Diamond deer ranch on Rt 36 south of Cook Forest in Clarion County and look at the rack history of their deer. They have the sheds from each year of 20+ bucks in order on a wall. Some of them lived well past their prime years. Many of the truly exceptional bucks sported terribly small junk antlers their first year or even two and the yearlings that started with impressive racks didn't necessarily carry them through. A visit there is well worth the trip.

If I'm in the area I would certainly check it out.

Pa will never be like Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconson or even Ohio. But we have improved the age structure and as a result, our average antler quality

But keep on praising our inferior AR system, even though there are so many better options out there that would increase age structure more effectively, and likely produce larger bucks within age classes.
Our AR system could be better. With 900,000 hunters it will always be a far less than perfect situation.We could make it better. No doubt. I'd support a spread restriction over a point count. What would you suggest we do statewide in PA?
[/quote]

I would certainly like the PGC to atleast CONSIDER making a change similar to TX. Allow harvest of spikes, while incorporating a general spread restriction. Try it for about five years and then evaluate. i just feel that if you are trying to create ahigher quality herd, you have got to consider all options and be willing to try some other methods, esp when SOME research ahs proven point based systems to be less effective. PA chose the point based system due to it simplicity alone, despite the fact that other states that had tried them werer already abandoning the practice due to poor results. The TX system has a very easy to comprehend visual guide. Hunters in PA would catch on quickly.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shown over and over your aversions to the truth.
You haven't even come close. All you do is make false accusations and you never back them up with facts. If you want to impress everyone show us how the PGC determines the number of antlerless tags should be issued in 2F based on forest health and herd health. You can't do it because you don't understand how they allocate doe tags and for that matter neither does the PGC.
I know you are dealing with a dwindling mass of gray matter,but even you must come to the realization thatRidgway is not, ground zero, the center of the universe or even a point of interest to most.

Your 2G - 2 F B.S. becomes to bore to all but a simpleton.

In your first( statement- question,you ask me to explain what your Next (statement - question) says doesn't exists. Classic [&:]bird.

Maybe you care to explain to me the formula used to determine the amount of air moved buy volume when a falling rain drop strikes a object that is considered a solidat sea level.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know you are dealing with a dwindling mass of gray matter,but even you must come to the realization that Ridgway is not, ground zero, the center of the universe or even a point of interest to most.

You just referred to 2F and 2G so I suppose you fit that category.

The bottom line is neither you RSB, BTB or anyone else can explain how the PGC determines the number of antlerless tags based solely on herd and forest health.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe you care to explain to me the formula used to determine the amount of air moved buy volume when a falling rain drop strikes a object that is considered a solidat sea level.
I cannot explain the above formula, but I do know that it closely resembles the formula with which the PGC calculates harvest based on reporting.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

The bottom line is neither you RSB, BTB or anyone else can explain how the PGC determines the number of antlerless tags based solely on herd and forest health.
I guess it will just have to go down as one of life's great mysteries.[:-]

But if I could venture a guess I would say maybe its all a "sleight of hand".trick to fool that areas hunters. [8D]
Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I have shown over and over your aversions to the truth.
You haven't even come close. All you do is make false accusations and you never back them up with facts. If you want to impress everyone show us how the PGC determines the number of antlerless tags should be issued in 2F based on forest health and herd health. You can't do it because you don't understand how they allocate doe tags and for that matter neither does the PGC.
I know you are dealing with a dwindling mass of gray matter,but even you must come to the realization thatRidgway is not, ground zero, the center of the universe or even a point of interest to most.

In your first( statement- question,you ask me to explain what your Next (statement - question) says doesn't exists. Classic [&:]bird.

More child-like failed attempts at humor. And I thought personal attacks were banned from this forum?

And you may want to consider a remedial English course.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wasn't personally attacking the little [&:]bird I was board two death, no one nose the bear facts like a pare of little [&:]birds. We have road this horse bear back four sew long its getting hard to tow the line. Buy the time the whether changes this cite will bee too boring to reed.

I will try two do better next time, butt who nose.

Quick Reply: Antler Restrictions (What they found in TX)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.