Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What to do with the crossbows. >

What to do with the crossbows.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Banned

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

Better check again. Youve listened to too many pgc brownnosers. Our hunting licenses for small game & deer hunting are average priced. Better look at other states fees before blindly listening to idiots.

And overpriced if you consider what we are paying for.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

The huge majority are deer hunters...So what do deer hunters pay in other states??

Georgia---$19(and you can shoot all the feral hogs you like) WV---$23 Pa---$20Pa is pushing fornearly doubling the fee.

Then compare ohio. It cost $43. That includes ML and archery. Add archery and ML tags to Pa and you have $47.(and MUCH higher than that after proposed fee increases)Right now though,Pa $47 compared to Ohio 43. And ohio has 10 times better hunting, quality and management. AND if you own land, you dont have to buy a license to hunt it!!!!

Or maybe you'd like to take a look at Illinois resident hunting license fees....One of the best deer hunting states in the country.... I cant find any added requirements of deer tags etc., but the base license is a WHOPPING SEVEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS! (LOL) Appears a habitat stamp might be necessary, its a whopping 5.50.

Kentucky has base license + fishing licenst for $30.

Yeah, Pa's just such a bargain to hunt a reduced deer herd of poor quality and a tree hugging game commission.[:'(]
Old 02-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rem700man

Sproulman:
I do read your posts,,,I see that your involved with all kinds of different people,,,,you go to meetings involving wildlife mgmt. and voice your opinion,,,you go for walks,,,you have dreams,,,,it's never ending how involved you are,,,im just wondering why ,,,with all this experience you have,,,can you not come up with one LEGITIMATE reason for the missing deer other than,,,it's the PGC's fault,,,or the weapon used ,,,or the stink in the woods,,,etc........Face it sproul,,,it's the greed of the hunter that does the damage! And i mean really,,,,so what,, if a guy takes a shot a little out of his/her comfort zone with a x-bow,,,,guys do it everyday of the season with a compound,,and loose deer,,,it's gonna happen,,,even if your using a 30-06,,,and if you type in here that you hav'nt lost a deer,,,im gonna know that your the biggest bullshi!!er that ever walked!
i dont wound a deer..
if you read my posts,i said i left that buck last week of rutgo because wind was blowing, it was 10 minutes before dark and rain coming at 7 pm and only a top of shoulder up shot at 33 yds.

most would have shot at that buck, not me.

he did have big rack, 8 point with 18 inch spread.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

GREED is exactly what all of this boils down to. If a crossbow hunter ends up harvesting ''your'' doe or buck, why does that make make itanyworse than if your hunting buddy takes the same deer with his compound? Also it was stated about being lazy and not wanting to pick up a bow? Whats up with that, the same thing could be said about everyone of us who uses a compound. Are we all to lazy to learn to use a recurve or long bow? No, we decide to because we want something EASIER not necessarily because we are lazier! So much stuff that is posted on here contradicts itself to the fullest. If we are talking about a legal hunting method then each one of us as hunters should support one another instead of always pointing fingers!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

I agree with the greed being a huge problem. Mostly the greed from shortcut seekers who were too lazy to pick up a bow, crossbow manufacturers looking to pad the bank account and last but not least, our fine greed commission looking to gain added archery stamp cash.
you are right.

like the in-lines, they are GUN not a traditonal muzzleloeder.

look at people using them, most dont care as long as they can shoot a doe at 150 yds.

they only enjoy gun because as you said, ITS EASY TO USE WITH BIG OLE SCOPE ON IT.

if not for early oct doe muzzleloderseason, i bet that not 1 in-line would have been sold.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote ]Better check again. Youve listened to too many pgc brownnosers. Our hunting licenses for small game & deer hunting are average priced. Better look at other states fees before blindly listening to idiots.

And overpriced if you consider what we are paying for.[/quote]

More BS from Corny!

Just went in a geographic circle around PA and priced what othe states charge a resident for what PA provides with just the basic license: deer, turkey and small game. This doesnt include archery, muzzy,furbearers, waterfowl, doe tags or special permits

here is what other states around us get for the privileges found in only the basic PA license.... 1 deer, turkey and all small game

W Va $33
Ohio $67 19 + 24 deer + 24 turkey
NY $29 19 + 5 turkey + 5 habitat
MD $24.50
NJ $88.50 27.50 + 21 turkey + 40 pheasant

PA $20

Now I'm sure that we could find a way to say that a given hunter might pay a little more or less depending on what he hunts and what extra seasons he may particpate in but PA sure looks pretty reasonable to me.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

You are attempting to decieve. My prices were right on the money. THEY WERE FOR DEER HUNTING. Not + turkey. Or plus Flying squirrel. DEER HUNTING. The HUGE majority of hunters are DEER hunters.

You supporters conveniently compare things that arent apples to apples.

Pas license is right on the money comparing for the deer hunter.

Base license. Or base licenses + archery and/or ml. Pa is average at best, and higher than many. With a fee increase, we will be one of the highest resident fees in the country.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah Ok,,,i paid i think 120$ for resident liscense this year here in va. That included everything,,for 7mos worth of fun,,,i can shoot does up until march 28th,,,i quit huntin on jan 5th,,,that was the last day of legally shooting bucks,,,with any weapon(to stay on topic)because i dont wanna kill next years bucks(mistakingly kill a buck for a doe that has shed its antlers) or a doe that has been bred killing next years fawns.Cheap,,,thats all i can say,,cheap fun,,,i cant even take my family to dinner for 120$,,,im lookin at the new mathews bow(compound) I'll have well over a grand in that thing,,rediculious,,,i think so,,,but for hunting,,,idpay twice as much!!!!!!!!!The point of this is i can hunt my way home everynight of the week,,,but restraint is where its at,,,i restrain myself from hunting because i believe in conservation,,,and i also believe that if there was a special late season crossbow hunt,,,you and all the winers that complain about x-bow hunters would be buying up a tag to go out and burn up any un-used doe tags in your possession
Old 02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Havent shot a doe in years. Im no hypocrit. Bucks...Thats another story.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

You are attempting to decieve. My prices were right on the money. THEY WERE FOR DEER HUNTING. Not + turkey. Or plus Flying squirrel. DEER HUNTING. The HUGE majority of hunters are DEER hunters.

You supporters conveniently compare things that arent apples to apples.

Pas license is right on the money comparing for the deer hunter.

Base license. Or base licenses + archery and/or ml. Pa is average at best, and higher than many. With a fee increase, we will be one of the highest resident fees in the country.

More Cornhole BS

Even if you take out everything except deer and habitat stamps ( which they get from everyone) PA is still CHEAPEST

What I showed was what each state charges for the priveleges you get with the basic license and then what other states charge for those privileges.

By the way, you don't know spit about Illinois either. Once again the total for an Illinois resident for what we get with just the basic license in PA is $57.50 (actually, for that $57.50 an Ill resident only gets one week of spring turkey. he'd have to pay another $45 to get full season spring turkey)

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.