Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What to do with the crossbows. >

What to do with the crossbows.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

Doug,

The doe kill is not only controlled by the amount of doe license allocations. Length of seasons and the proficency with the given weapon are also factors.

Only a fool would believe that the introduction of crossbows is not going to increase the amount of doe being taken. The only question is how significant will it be. How many people are going to be using crossbows and how many of them are going to be interested in shooting a doe?
YOURE RIGHT
Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

If the doe allocation ISNT adjusted (just as it hasnt been all along)the doe killwill behigher than it would be without crossguns.

Prerut or any added buck harvest isnt exactly a good thing. It effects overall deer numbers, it effects age structure, and both are already poor. Despite what pgc thinks, hunter satisfaction should be a consideration and all ofthe above DOES effect it, and not in a good way.

Pgc has shown us time and again that they believe we CAN kill too few deer in their mind, but NEVER can we kill too many by their standards. Thats pure nonsense and ecoflake thinking.
YOURE RIGHT
Old 02-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Typical Buck

Here we go again! BLAME,,BLAME,,BLAME!!!!!! With the crossbows,,,the doe tag allocations,,,,the this ,,,the that,,,,Yet none of ya want to post blame where blame should be posted,,,,YOU THE HUNTER will be the cause of the deer decimation,,,not the weapon used! Ya'll did just what the PGC wanted ya to do,,,,they knew if they gave ya enough tags that you could not restrain yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

i don't see it making any kind of impact on a deer herd that everyone in PA is saying there are no deer left in the state anyway ....no deer left = no impact....

now on a serious note, i didn't see any deer in paduring the day from the start of archery season to the second week of flintlock season....i saw tons of deer at night during my travels to/from places from lackawanna, wayne and pike counties....if the deer go nocturnal next yearlike i saw this year there can't be any kind of impact next year with any kind of weapon used...............bob

Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rem700man

Here we go again! BLAME,,BLAME,,BLAME!!!!!! With the crossbows,,,the doe tag allocations,,,,the this ,,,the that,,,,Yet none of ya want to post blame where blame should be posted,,,,YOU THE HUNTER will be the cause of the deer decimation,,,not the weapon used! Ya'll did just what the PGC wanted ya to do,,,,they knew if they gave ya enough tags that you could not restrain yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you saying SPROUL killed a doe in wmu2g.

READ MY POSTS, ME OR MY FAMILY HAVE NOT KILLED A DOE IN 15 YEARS HERE IN CLINTON COUNTY.

not many like me that can say that
Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bob1961

i don't see it making any kind of impact on a deer herd that everyone in PA is saying there are no deer left in the state anyway ....no deer left = no impact....

now on a serious note, i didn't see any deer in paduring the day from the start of archery season to the second week of flintlock season....i saw tons of deer at night during my travels to/from places from lackawanna, wayne and pike counties....if the deer go nocturnal next yearlike i saw this year there can't be any kind of impact next year with any kind of weapon used...............bob

you are right POSSIBLY.

it is getting harder with early in-line season to even see a deer close enough for shot with bow.

too much STINK in woods for bow hunting

now, i know many that are doing well with crossbow already.

THEY ARE GETTING DOE

most dont care if its buck or doe, they want meat and fill tags..

like said, i know there was 4 deer in my area i hunt.

in all archery i saw those deer only 1 time ,buck/doe.

why, STINKIN scouting by the in-line hunters.

in-line hunters got the small doe,that left me 3.

the buck was shot first sat of gun season.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Sproulman:
I do read your posts,,,I see that your involved with all kinds of different people,,,,you go to meetings involving wildlife mgmt. and voice your opinion,,,you go for walks,,,you have dreams,,,,it's never ending how involved you are,,,im just wondering why ,,,with all this experience you have,,,can you not come up with one LEGITIMATE reason for the missing deer other than,,,it's the PGC's fault,,,or the weapon used ,,,or the stink in the woods,,,etc........Face it sproul,,,it's the greed of the hunter that does the damage! And i mean really,,,,so what,, if a guy takes a shot a little out of his/her comfort zone with a x-bow,,,,guys do it everyday of the season with a compound,,and loose deer,,,it's gonna happen,,,even if your using a 30-06,,,and if you type in here that you hav'nt lost a deer,,,im gonna know that your the biggest bullshi!!er that ever walked!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned

I agree with the greed being a huge problem. Mostly the greed from shortcut seekers who were too lazy to pick up a bow, crossbow manufacturers looking to pad the bank account and last but not least, our fine greed commission looking to gain added archery stamp cash.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

I agree with the greed being a huge problem. Mostly the greed from shortcut seekers who were too lazy to pick up a bow, crossbow manufacturers looking to pad the bank account and last but not least, our fine greed commission looking to gain added archery stamp cash.
Get over it Dude,,,new mathews compound bow,, your into it for a grand,, and the game commission is just giving ya enough rope to hang yerself
Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Oh!!!!!!!!!,,,and you already have some of the cheapest hunting liscense in the united states

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.