Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What to do with the crossbows. >

What to do with the crossbows.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

That's what my sons also says, but I don't bother getting into a dicussion with him.

He only bow hunts the last ten year and here are some of the reasons. He says the weather is great and you don't have to freeze to see a deer. With the length of the season, you don't have to hunt when it is too hot or raining. He very seldom hunts that he doesn't see a deer and only hunts a few hours in the evening. He always sees buck during the rut, they might not be in range, but at least he sees them. He has a chance to get a nice buck before the rifle hunter.

I think theses are enough reasons to convince a rifle hunter to give the season a try. I haven't made up my mind yet on what I will do, but it sounds like fun except for the bugs.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

You truly are amazing and a perfect example of why cloning of the human race shouldn't be allowed. You get all bent out of shape about one deer that was taken on private land, numbers taken based upon current years fawn. Yet you totally agree with hunters taking multiple doe on public land and practice what you preach.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"Gary Alt wore a vest due to some extremist whack jobs giving death threats. WCO's/DWCO's wear them because of the nature of the job."

I agree. Death threats arecompletely out of line. But it only showsour current state ofaffairs and huge level of dissatisfaction.
Its also understandable that wcos wear them, and I think yoiu knowwho I meant.

"I take it you would like to see anyonethat complains about the PGC, should be banned from this site."

Exactly that is the mantra over on hpa. Also, btb speaks of peoplebeing banned and know exactly why. Due to anti-deer plan sentiment. The "site" over there is famous for it.

As for "not playing well with others" all youneeddo, is punch on his profle and add up all the insults, smut and other argumentary posts and see thatit is the pot calling thekettleblack. He resorts to childish nonsense when people are making points, as a distraction. Then when they retaliate, he cries foul. Typical pgc supporter tactics employed by the same handful on every board on the internet.
I kinda thought you were refering to Gary Alt but hate to assume anything.
The second quote you posted wasnt mine. I dont desire to see anyone banned.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I figure after archery season next year there should be some great buys on used X-Bows,once some of these guys realize this is not as handy of a tool as once thought.[:-]
i am going to report on if crossbows icrease.

what i think will happen the most is the hunters from areas that were legal to use bows, will come and hunt in wmu2g.

i believe that will be our biggest group we see,like camp with 8 hunters all using crossbows .

as for buying new bows, i dont know.

with early in-line season may be enough that they will stay there and not buy a 500 dollar crossbow, i dont know yet.

its not easy to get deer in archerywith all STINK in woods because of early oct in-line season.

so, you could be right in areas like WMU2G that have too much pressure for deer that are left.

this was TOUGHEST YEAR i had in archery in 47 years.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

That's what my sons also says, but I don't bother getting into a dicussion with him.

He only bow hunts the last ten year and here are some of the reasons. He says the weather is great and you don't have to freeze to see a deer. With the length of the season, you don't have to hunt when it is too hot or raining. He very seldom hunts that he doesn't see a deer and only hunts a few hours in the evening. He always sees buck during the rut, they might not be in range, but at least he sees them. He has a chance to get a nice buck before the rifle hunter.

I think theses are enough reasons to convince a rifle hunter to give the season a try. I haven't made up my mind yet on what I will do, but it sounds like fun except for the bugs.
if you hunt by yourself, archery is nice.

i also like warm hunting,this year was simply AWFUL.

problem is here in my area, just too much STINK in archery.

scouting for in-line season is my biggest problem.

i had my trailcamera out week before in-line season.

i had 11 different hunters walking scouting for the DOE MEAT WEEK...

you just cant hunt archery with this happening.

then they get to spot and take a leak..[:@]

or slam car doors[:@]

buck is not going to show himnself when this happens.

there should be NO EARLY in-line season.

use in-lines in gun season, THEY ARE GUN, USE IT THERE.[:@]

Old 02-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned

"The second quote you posted wasnt mine. I dont desire to see anyone banned."

Sorry bout that RWJ. I was posting kind of fast, as I was on my way out,and didnt clarify that very well. No that wasnt addressed to you or quoted from you.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"The second quote you posted wasnt mine. I dont desire to see anyone banned."

Sorry bout that RWJ. I was posting kind of fast, as I was on my way out,and didnt clarify that very well. No that wasnt addressed to you or quoted from you.

No sweat, thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

if you hunt by yourself, archery is nice.

i also like warm hunting,this year was simply AWFUL.

problem is here in my area, just too much STINK in archery.

scouting for in-line season is my biggest problem.

i had my trailcamera out week before in-line season.

i had 11 different hunters walking scouting for the DOE MEAT WEEK...

you just cant hunt archery with this happening.

then they get to spot and take a leak..[:@]

or slam car doors[:@]

buck is not going to show himnself when this happens.

there should be NO EARLY in-line season.

use in-lines in gun season, THEY ARE GUN, USE IT THERE.[:@]

they take a leak that is funny i had a guy walking last year he started
to leak under my stand so i tryed to leak on him from 30 ft up a old beech
tree he was [:@]they i kicked off the property he got even [:@][:@][:@]

Anyway i dont like early inlines put them in flintlock and call it muzzeloader season
crossbows i can see more people out in public with them being a problem
i hunt private and dont think there will be any issues with it
and we cant do anything about them now there legal
Old 02-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I figure after archery season next year there should be some great buys on used X-Bows,once some of these guys realize this is not as handy of a tool as once thought.[:-]
I think you could be right. The type looking for a shortcut will likely be disappointed.
This was meant as a ruse, right? Shooting a crossbow doesn't even come close to the skill and practicerequired to shoot a vertical bow. Just realize the limitations of the weapon and the variables.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the outsider

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I think you could be right. The type looking for a shortcut will likely be disappointed.
This was meant as a ruse, right? Shooting a crossbow doesn't even come close to the skill and practicerequired to shoot a vertical bow. Just realize the limitations of the weapon and the variables.
No ruse. Shooting a crossbow is easy. Bowhunting is not. The ideais that some of those crossbow shooters will catch on to the fact that you still have to hunt the deer on their terms and get disgusted and give up.

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.