Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New question?

Old 01-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default New question?

There is a lot of smart and diversified people on this site. The question is- Why does the PGC give the same amount of doe license out each year in my management area. Shouldnt it vary dependent on the deer kill. For example last year it didnt snow in my management unit and it was pretty crappy weather for rifle season. Rain mostly. Guess what 40K license were given out that year. This year it snowed and it was a slaughter. Guess what i bet they give out 40K next year. Wouldnt they be adjusting this number of doe permitsto MANAGE the Population? I guess it really doesnt matter because their is not many left anyway. I hunted hard in muzzleloader season- they are just not there like they use to be(5 years ago). i didnt hunt the same places either- i had a group of freinds that pushedalmost everyday-not many tracks or sightings. Hard hunters too.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New question?

The PGC claims they don't know how many deer we have. That means they don't know how many are left after hunting season or how many fawns are recruited the following year. Therefore, if you believe what the PGC has been telling us , it is reasonable to conclude that antlerless allocations are just a WAG. If they guess that 40K tags will keep the herd stable, they'll allocate 40K tags every year, until something changes.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:35 AM

Who cares how many doe permits they give out? If there are not many deer do notshoot any does. If you need HR than shoot them. Alot of you guys complain there are no deer but will put on deer drives to kill the last one, than blame it on the PGC.
The deer explosion of the 80's and 90's surehas produced a differentbreedof hunter. I am sure they will not understand what i am talking about.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mlo3135127

Who cares how many doe permits they give out? If there are not many deer do notshoot any does. If you need HR than shoot them. Alot of you guys complain there are no deer but will put on deer drives to kill the last one, than blame it on the PGC.
The deer explosion of the 80's and 90's surehas produced a differentbreedof hunter. I am sure they will not understand what i am talking about.
We have a no shoot Doe policy in our camp in the Northeast. We still buy Doe tags but don't use them! The #'s are way down in the area of Pike county we hunt so why shoot more Doe's??? I do most of my hunting in the Southeast of Pa 5d,5c and the Doe are as many as the stars in the sky! It is a real tuff call for the Hunters that do most of their Hunting in the low deer #'s areas. I do feel for you.

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mikepsu54

There is a lot of smart and diversified people on this site. The question is- Why does the PGC give the same amount of doe license out each year in my management area. Shouldnt it vary dependent on the deer kill. For example last year it didnt snow in my management unit and it was pretty crappy weather for rifle season. Rain mostly. Guess what 40K license were given out that year. This year it snowed and it was a slaughter. Guess what i bet they give out 40K next year. Wouldnt they be adjusting this number of doe permitsto MANAGE the Population? I guess it really doesnt matter because their is not many left anyway. I hunted hard in muzzleloader season- they are just not there like they use to be(5 years ago). i didnt hunt the same places either- i had a group of freinds that pushedalmost everyday-not many tracks or sightings. Hard hunters too.

only 1 reason, they dont want deer in numbers we have now.

they want it less than a dpsm can hold.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mlo3135127

9 crews went thru my area i hunt that had around 3 deer in it.

2 of those crews drove first week in wmu2g ,clinton county in my area.

they were buck hunters only and LOCAL crews.

from the first saturday, which you could kill a doe, in came 7 crews from out of areas like harrisburg where deer are and tried to kill off the 2 doe that were left,the buck was shot earlier.they hunted for 4 of days in second week also.

in those crews it averaged 7 to 11 hunters.

i asked them why they would come here and kill off the 2 doe that were left when they had so many deer in harrisburg area..

ONE WITH GLASSES ON END OF HIS NOSE SAID,SPROUL WE SAW HERDS OF DEER HERE IN EARLY IN-LINE SEASON.

this was a college student too, maybe he will be a commissioner for the PGC someday.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion is..........

It has alot to do with money. The PGC needs money. Cutting doe licenses means less money.

I feel the PGC realizes that hunters are pretty upset about things so the new way to get more money is to legalize crossbows to sell more archery stamps.

Many hunters that don't feel comfortable going out with a compond or recurve will go out with a crossbow.

The money gained for one archery stamp= almost 3 doe tags.

I don't have any numbers but I wonder how much the sales of muzzle loader stamps went up when they legalized inlines.

I'm sure the PGC took a good look at this when they decided to legalize crossbows.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

If they wouldnt be screwing the hunters on a continual basis, they wouldnt have needed to screw them again just to get more money. They'd have already had their license fee increase and they wouldnt want for anything.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Why just not increase the cost of doe license's. I would gladly pay double the doe license cost if things were ran right.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mikepsu54

Why just not increase the cost of doe license's. I would gladly pay double the doe license cost if things were ran right.
i agree, doe permitshould be at least 20 dollars.

Quick Reply: New question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.