Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA >

CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

Old 01-31-2009, 01:15 PM

Default RE: CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

ORIGINAL: germain

You obviously never hunted the rut.But since you brought that up what's next for you guys rifles in the rut?Hey now there's an idea.
Oh I have hunted the rut. I have walked up to bucks with their noses to the ground while they was following a doe. They didn't think nothing of me. When they are in full rut,They are by far the easiest anddumbest animal in the woods to hunt. If there is no doe around to alert him when in full rut. That buck is good as dead to who ever wants him.
Yes,I have hunted the rut.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i am trying to get a idea how many of you will switch from a compound to crossbow.
Maybe you should ask how many gun hunterswould use a Xbow if they had one? I use a compound and after hunting with it and gun for so many years, A Xbow would be a new challenge. Same as useing asmoke pole. It would be nice to mix it up and have different choices. Our heritage of what hunting means and ment is no longer the same. It will never be again. It is now about how big a rack you can get and no longer the meat. How long has it been this way with archery hunters? Is it really about the food? Not a chance any more. It is about the rut and big bucks and the first to get a crack at them. Times have changed and I think archers brought this on some what also. Because they was after the big bucks and nothing more. Hunting is a whole new sport and no longer about heritage. People who don't have time to practice 24/7 with a bow wanted to try for a big buck before the woods got filled up with hunters. All the archers bragged about big bucks they been taken during the rut. Well why not let the gun hunter have a shot at it also? Gun hunters complained about the bragging spear head throwers and well to say it, Now the average joe who works 24/7 can now try for a rutting buck without all the practice. Bragging from BH didn't help with the decision of the Xbow.
There you go again Jack, speaking in behalf of everybody else. Please don't speak for me! I'm a archery hunter. I haven't touched a rifle since 1980. I prefer a bow! I prefer to bowhunt! I prefer to harvest "A" animal with a bow! It's been nine years since I used a modern shotgun for Turkey. The past nine years I've been using a BOW! Because I like to ARCHERY HUNT! I receive greater satisfaction harvesting a animal with a BOW!
[/align]
If you voted for no Xbow, I will put you in that class as I described. If you voted yes to Xbows I wouldn't.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will buy a crossbow but i will still use my compound and will pratice with both and hunt with both
i think there are times a xbow or xgun as some say will come in handy know and then
Old 01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as I am able to pull a bow, I would not use a x-gun.
I would possibly use one in a safety zone during gun season. That would be suitable if I get into that situation.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Compound still and hopefully i will have a good REEZON!!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Typical Buck

i am trying to get a idea how many of you will switch from a compound to crossbow.
I just bought a new bowtech this year, so I wont be switching any time soon. If I should become disabled, I might consider it.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pats102862

I just bought a new bowtech this year, so I wont be switching any time soon. If I should become disabled, I might consider it.
almost half are ,so far here.

at gunshops i will not know until about august IF crossbow sales and trade ins will happen.

i am hearing this, most that have KIDS are going to buy one.

this way 1 kid will use crossbow and dad too when kid is in school.

so, you may see 3 different people using the same crossbow,that is scary, isnt it.[:@]
Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I CAN SEE X-GUN "LIVERIES" POPPING UP.
$20 FOR A WEEKEND RENTAL.
GRAB 'N GO....YEHAWWWW!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I CAN SEE X-GUN "LIVERIES" POPPING UP.
$20 FOR A WEEKEND RENTAL.
GRAB 'N GO....YEHAWWWW!
They'll probably throw one in for free with the purchase of a new ford pick up.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

With a special edition Ford pickup. One with an elevated seat in the bed and a cushioned rest atop the roll-bar.