Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A better relationship with our PGC? How? >

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Banned

Default RE: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Wanna fix it? Smaller wmus. Put deer where they can be via the allocation. Cut slightly more on the gamelands. Speak WELL of the hunters who SHOULD BE pgcs ally. Quit solely catering to everyone else but hunters. Take open to anyone polls on issues of at least some significance. Give herd estimates like all other "Normal" states, then wouldnt appear so much to the average joes that pgc has so much to hide by notgiving it.Have COMPLETE transparency.

These things would ALL help, ALL would help with pr, Nearly everyone would want to see these provisions (except maybe ecoextremists)NONE are unreasonable and there is NO reason that they cannot be done, and these things SHOULD be common sense.

No extremes like the complete anti-deer idiots. And still middle ground not asking for 1.6+ million deer.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:45 PM

Althoughi don't hunt PA anymore i find these PA posts interesting.
DougE, I liked your first post. As usual you know what you are talking about.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Banned

Some good points buckhunter one. Only things I might add are that there are many wcos who are good guys that treat people with respect and arent cowboys. though there are enough of those for sure. Also not all wcos play armchair biologist and preach to hunters how stupid they are on the internet.

Congrats on your situation. Sounds like a great deal you have going with all that hunting ground. Unfortunately that will never be the case with the majority of the states sportsmen. The state is in some desparate need of solutions. But the only one pgc cares and whines about constantly is more money.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Big John

I practically begged and pleaded with our GW's to come into our shop and talk with hunters. No deal- they were afraid of physical violence. Hmmm , they have a point !!!
I find that hard to believe, If your in the sw part of the State I will gladly come to your meeting.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

DougE & DennyF, these are the answers I was hoping to hear. Doug, you stated huntersare not educated enough. Denny,you stated just as I did, we've always had WCOs and other PGC staff out for regular meetings, putting on programs and generally staying in touch. Could this bethe solution? Getting more WCOs and other PGC staff out for regular meetings?
[/align]
Call your regional office and ask for a program at your sportsmans club. Its that easy and the WCO will get back to you and set a date. I visit any and all clubs that invite me.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

I will have to see about the new PR blitz about the new and improved PAGC before i would even attempt to reconcile w/ them. I remember being excited when a game protector showed up in the field. He always treated my Dad and us kids w/ respect and had a good tip for us. I never minded showing my license to them. Not anymore, I stay in the woods on my property and away from roads. They have turned sportsman off by police tatctics and general attitude toward the people that provide a pay check to them. You think your clubs and screaming and hollering mean a thing to someone NOTelected into a position?? C'mon??These guys are a direct handful of picked reperesentatives who have played ball w/ the elected glitterati! This police state attacks they have used and are using is terrible and i beleive irreversible for the general hunting public guys that get out a couple times a year. When you can't get treated decently by the Game Police, you just quit exposing yourself to the harassment.
I do not have as yet have a major deer problem in 2D. We are proacticve in maintaining herds on our grounds. I do not depend on the PAGC to help us work our deer. Protect our deer. We have instituted our own QDM. We have posted 1,000's of acres and it keeps expanding everytime the PAGC shows up and harasses a land owner or his family. We cannot leagally keep them out, but they know for sure they are not welcome, ever! We quit bitching and took care of ourselves, educated ourselves and are keeping all types of the wildlife healthy in our grounds.
Please define harassment. and what occured. If you like you can PM me the details.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

WCOR.W.J I honestly don't know why we haven't a rep come in for quit awhile. But I will ask the club officials. I would Like them to get more proactive again. May I ask how or who to ask for?[/align]
Old 01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

R.W.J, I forgot to mention I am from the SW.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

call 724-239-9523 and tell the dispatcher where the club is located and you would like a program. The WCO will call back and se up a date. What County are you in?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call your regional office and ask for a program at your sportsmans club. Its that easy and the WCO will get back to you and set a date. I visit any and all clubs that invite me.
Could you please provide some idea what would be included in the program. Are you willing to say if your support ARs and the current HR program. If you choose not to answer , I understand why and would not hold that against you. You are paid to represent the PGC's position on deer management and to do otherwise would jeopardize your future with the PGC. I have been there and done that with DCNR.

Quick Reply: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.