Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 crossbows approved >

crossbows approved

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

crossbows approved

Old 01-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default crossbows approved

The crossbow vote went 4 in favor,3 against.

No magnifying sights(I wonder if the disabled will be grandfathered) and a sunset provision in 2012.I can live with those conditions.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: crossbows approved

I have been using a X-bow for 11 years with a red dot scope as a disabled permit. Why must I be grandfathered in ?? Really dont matter I quess I dont but Pa no game license anymore. But why would a disabled person have to be grandfathered in >??
Old 01-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Personally, I've killed deer with a crossbow with and without magnification. Magnification made no difference to me whatsoever. BUT....in my eyes(pardon the pun)....if magnification would help increase the accuracy of the crossbow and therefore increase the chances for full recovery of the animal, then I'm all for it. The only provision I would make would be a single dot or single crosshair instead of of the multiple typeswhich I think would make crossbow shooters less likely to take longer range shots over 25 yards.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ManySpurs....allowing rifles in archery would theoretically increase recovery even more.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

The crossbow vote went 4 in favor,3 against.

No magnifying sights(I wonder if the disabled will be grandfathered) and a sunset provision in 2012.I can live with those conditions.
I am happy with the scope not being allowed and am very happy with the sunset provision. That way it will be easy to end it if things don't go well.
We can quit debating it now I guess.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: livbucks

ManySpurs....allowing rifles in archery would theoretically increase recovery even more.

We already have rifles in archery. But this is about crossbows. So I'm not sure what that has to do with magnification on crossbows.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

It will be interesting to see the impact they will have. I'm still on the fence as to how I feel about it, hopefully everyone will practice before hunting with them and will also stay within it's effective range. Time will tell.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

And yet not one of you can prove why breeding rates declined by 5 % while 2.5y year olds bucks decrease in size when the hr has cut the buck harvest by 46 %. blah blah..............blah...

There I just wanted to spoil this thread before the blues brother does.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

LOL yep that bluebird is always ready to crap on your shoulder!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've heard that the game wardens have already arrested 10,000 poachers for shooting deer out of the windows of their El Caminoswith their crossbows (most of which still had the price tags on them) in the last 24 hours and the ground atstate parks is now so covered with cross bow arrows left by poachers that it is dangerous to let small children and pets walk around.[]

Quick Reply: crossbows approved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.