Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa Antler Restrictions >

Pa Antler Restrictions

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Antler Restrictions

Old 01-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Antler Restrictions

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

In 2002 we harvested 52K 2.5+ buck before any bucks were saved by ARs ,but after 6 years of ARs we harvested 48K 2.5 buck. prior to ARs hunter didn't lay off of little buck but we harvested more 2.5+ buck in 2002 than we did in 2007. so what is your point?

Fewer hunters, much fewer hunters
Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Well, so far it looks like about 3 to 1 in favor of AR's in some form.

Whats really interesting is that almost half of AR supporters would like to see them go a step further.
I am not at all surprised at that since AR supporters have demonstrated they know very little about the negative effects of ARs and don't understand the basic principles of deer management.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

The lessened harvest wasnt due to lower hunter numbers. The success rate percentage also fell. From around 20% down to about 12. If less hunters harvested less buck proportionately, the number of bucks carried over should have risen and the success rate would have risen, not declined.

There are still more than enough hunters to kill the huge lion share of our legal bucks.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Well, so far it looks like about 3 to 1 in favor of AR's in some form.

Whats really interesting is that almost half of AR supporters would like to see them go a step further.
I am not at all surprised at that since AR supporters have demonstrated they know very little about the negative effects of ARs and don't understand the basic principles of deer management.
i like AR because i am seeing nicer bucks,when i do see one.

only change i would like to see is it should be AR for all of us as too much illegal things are happening.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, But it is an undeniable fact that there are fewer hunters. What that results in is up for debate.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is what George Block had to say about the recent scoring session.
Overall numbers are down to less than half of what was scored in 2000 and average scores have dropped just shy of 10 inches.
Could it that the rack sizes of 2.5+ buck are decreasing instead of increasing?

Old 01-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is what George Block had to say about the recent scoring session.
Overall numbers are down to less than half of what was scored in 2000 and average scores have dropped just shy of 10 inches.
Could it that the rack sizes of 2.5+ buck are decreasing instead of increasing?
The ramblings of asmall town nobody columnist who uses the ridiculously anti hunting slanted Newseek article as one his sources can hardly be called credible.

The fact is there is no evidence that average antler sizeshave changed atall within any age class. We merely have a higher percentage of 2.5 and older bucks making up the herd and the harvest.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The fact is there is no evidence that average antler sizes have changed at all within any age class.
Do you have the results from the latest scoring session and the one in 2000? If not you have no facts to back up your claim that there is no evidence regarding a decrease in rack sizes.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Spread is a bad deal for seveal reasons. First and formost if a guy shot a buck that was under the determined "legal" limit he is likely to let it lay and continue to hunt. 2nd you could have a buck that scores in the 130" that has a relativly small spread. Keep the current AR's that are in place now cause they work and limit the DOE KILL
Old 01-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are less deer. We could throttle back on the doe tags some at this point in many WMUs, but ARs must stay.

Quick Reply: Pa Antler Restrictions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.