Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Guess the dressed weight of a few of my deer. >

Guess the dressed weight of a few of my deer.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Guess the dressed weight of a few of my deer.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guess the dressed weight of a few of my deer.

Nice Buck Bronco! He's a hawg!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck bronko
Old 01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys. Amazing what one little 100 gr Magnus Stinger can do. He only went about 60 yds.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

I would have guess about 10 pounds heavier for each one. I shot some heavy whitetails here in PA. The heaviest weighed in at 154 dressed until this past year. I know this deer dressed out over 200 lbs. One, because I had one heck of a time moving him and hadto call myson to help. And just look at the pic. I am 5'10" and weight 215. This deer dwarfs me.

I hate to burst your bubble but that deer is 118.25 poundson the hoof, that pic is not you, it's actually not even a whitetail, it's acoues deer that was shot near a leper/midget comunity in Arizona back in 1996. There is also some trick photography at hand.Trust me, I'm an expert I know these things.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have guessed a bit higher on those deer.

My buck this year was... 135 or 140, i dont remember exactly. Your deer looked maybe a bit bigger than mine, but pictures on the computer aren't the same as seeing the real thing.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WestVirginiaBrent

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Why do you keep gettingolder in the pictures?

You post the weights and the experts will call you a liar. That's how things work around here.
I keep getting heavier too, lol. Seriously though, I state I make a hard shot, give vague details and get called unethical. I state a dead deer I found last year weighs over 220 and get called a liar and an idiot, then I post a buck my buddy killed that dressed well over 200 and get told I don't know anything and that the deer weighs 145 on the hoof.

Here is the pic that prompted me to start this thread. He didn't weigh it but I told him it dress well over 200, my guess would be it dressed 215-220.

i would like to ask forgiveness, i shot off too quickly, i should have blwo up the picture to see it better, im still not sure that that deer went 215or in that area but looking at the larger picture(which i should have done before i shot my moulth off) there is a good chance that deer is aound the 200 mark, as for the other deer just looking now i would say around (probably heavier)120for all of them with the eception of your 10 which i was think more around the 140-145 mark....i didn't have time to answer i haven't been on, and if you ment i was the one calling you unethical, i didn't mean it that way at all, just thought i would appoigize for speaking to quickly. it is quite possible im wrong about the weight, and im willing to admit that
Old 01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vermont_hunter

ORIGINAL: WestVirginiaBrent

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Why do you keep gettingolder in the pictures?

You post the weights and the experts will call you a liar. That's how things work around here.
I keep getting heavier too, lol. Seriously though, I state I make a hard shot, give vague details and get called unethical. I state a dead deer I found last year weighs over 220 and get called a liar and an idiot, then I post a buck my buddy killed that dressed well over 200 and get told I don't know anything and that the deer weighs 145 on the hoof.

Here is the pic that prompted me to start this thread. He didn't weigh it but I told him it dress well over 200, my guess would be it dressed 215-220.

i would like to ask forgiveness, i shot off too quickly, i should have blwo up the picture to see it better, im still not sure that that deer went 215or in that area but looking at the larger picture(which i should have done before i shot my moulth off) there is a good chance that deer is aound the 200 mark, as for the other deer just looking now i would say around (probably heavier)120for all of them with the eception of your 10 which i was think more around the 140-145 mark....i didn't have time to answer i haven't been on, and if you ment i was the one calling you unethical, i didn't mean it that way at all, just thought i would appoigize for speaking to quickly. it is quite possible im wrong about the weight, and im willing to admit that
No you didn't call me that or offend me in the other post, I like guesstimating deer, it's a good way to pass the time.