Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Who here thinks non-resident tags for ny are too expensive? >

Who here thinks non-resident tags for ny are too expensive?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who here thinks non-resident tags for ny are too expensive?

Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Who here thinks non-resident tags for ny are too expensive?

Who here thinks the Non-resident licences and tags are expensive? I think they are rediculous and should drop the price. 110 bucks for just bow, and then another 110 for shotgun/rifle. And if you hunt muzzeloder its another 110 bucks.... I think they should lower the price for them. In total(once i turn 16) the price will be $660 for my brother, father and I!

Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who here thinks non-resident tags for ny are too expensive?

I believe the price should be no higher than the price of a non-res in the state of the person seeking a non-res.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: crokit

I believe the price should be no higher than the price of a non-res in the state of the person seeking a non-res.
Yah, thats not a bad idea.... Here in ct the nonresident licences for firearms or for you guys "regular season" are $67 and for nr bow its $100.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

It will be what it will be. Iowa is close to $500 when you take into account preference points. Thatsjust for archery and you don't even get a chance for any other season plus you are limited to the specific area your allowed to hunt. Granted Iowa is the captol when it comes to monster bucks and I don't mind a bit paying that price. If it gets too high, it'smy choice if I want to purchase a licence. Nobody forces me to go its all choice. If you don't like the price of the NY tags maybe look elsewhere.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

WV tried that recriprocal price deal...It was an absolute nightmare.

If you did that...theoretically you could charge 49 guys 49 different prices. I hunted at my farm with other guys from other states when WV did this...we all paid different prices. Crazy.

Another factor is that some states charge more due to the "trophy potential".

WV charges me (I live in Ohio) $110 for license (1 buck with a gun) $12 for a conservation fee, $30 for each bow tag, $40 for an extra buck with a gun, and $30 for each doe up to 3 in my area.

That's around $312 for 7 deer. I don't complain. I just hand over the cash every year and take it. I screwed the pooch by not getting my residency there when I was in college and buying my lifetime license for $600.[:@]
Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pro-Line

WV tried that recriprocal price deal...It was an absolute nightmare.

If you did that...theoretically you could charge 49 guys 49 different prices. I hunted at my farm with other guys from other states when WV did this...we all paid different prices. Crazy.

.[:@]

Sounds like theoretically, thats what you have know Different hunters getting different tags for different options{ does, extra bucks, etc.} will result in hunters at same camp paying different prices.

I favor the reciprocating license fee, a license to allow to hunt. All the other add- ons are up for grabs. In todays day and age of computer, shouldn't be a " nightmare ". Downside might be when a state that doesn't allow non res hunting is in question, then what? I believe all do now, with some{ gun } by lottery only.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Spike

i think the price is just fine,it could be higher. i pay $78 a year and am a resident,non residents pay $330 to hunt 3 seasons,but you dont have to pay the taxes all year to live here
Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

110 doesnt sound bad

Illinois is 400+ for archery and almost 300 for gun plus almost 60 bucks for the season license

Arizona is 150+ for bow 150+ more for a season license. II think gun tags are even higher

110 for a non resident is on the low end
Old 01-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

400 for archery,oh my.

no wonder we get a lot of out of state hunters here in pa.our prices are not bad.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mickle44

i think the price is just fine,it could be higher. i pay $78 a year and am a resident,non residents pay $330 to hunt 3 seasons,but you dont have to pay the taxes all year to live here
i used to tell thebig mouth out of state hunters that think woods is THEIRSjust what you said.

i said, DO YOU BELONG TO SPORTSMANS CLUB,NO
DO YOU FEED DEER AFTER SEASON IS CLOSED,NO
DO YOU PAY TAXES TO LIVE HERE AND MAINTAIN ROADS TO GET TO WOODS,NO
i could go on

Quick Reply: Who here thinks non-resident tags for ny are too expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.