Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Never see Jersey on here. >

Never see Jersey on here.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Never see Jersey on here.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Never see Jersey on here.

And now you know why you never see Jersey people on here

The Northeast forum is mainly for people who are claiming to see mystical beasts, or supporting a conspiracy theory of one kind or another, or who just like to argue.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder why people get so bent out of shape over ONE SINGLE DEER? Buck, doe, fawn, spike, it doesn't matter. It's only a deer. There will be more next year and the year after that. It's not like he went out and shined a light in its eyes and killed it. I've done the same thing twice. I killed 2 bucks that were previously injured. I felt that I did the correct thing.

The problem was that I needed to kill a doe first in order to killa buck. I took the buck and would do it again. The problem was when I went to check it in. The people at the check station said that I would get fined if they checked it in. I told them that I would cross that bridge when it came. They checked it in and I called the game warden that next morning and explained the entire thing.

He wanted to see the deer, so he met me at the butcher and gave it a once-over. He said that I did the correct thing but next time keep it under my hat and not check it in,that it was more trouble than it was worth in filing reports etc....

Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 2robinhood

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

So where in South Jersey are you?
Estell manor area.
Never heard of it.

[
ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i'm curious to know how you justify a "road kill permit" when you killed the animal, not the vehicle.

I finished the deer off so that it would not suffer. I didn't know how little the injurys were till I got it home, looked it over and gutted it. The road kill permit is a phone call to the local area PD. They didn't even look at the animal. They fill out the paper work and give you the tag. At least thats what they did in my case. ][/quote]

So how did you get the tag if it was done by phone?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Old 12-31-2008, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal
Old 12-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck. Only experience I have with Jersey hunters is from our local Public Lands. I ran across two guys hitting a frying pan while driving deer, the only problem was no one in their party was in front of them. I was laughing but I appreciated their effort since I was in front of them. Sadly they didn't kick anything out. [8D]
Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Sure a deer can leave on three legs, but that broken leg can get infected and it could die a long, slow and painful death. Plus from the way the original poster described it, the injuries sounded worse then just a broken leg. Either way he humanely dispatched the deer and he is using the meat so what's the problem? In my opinion he likely did that poor buck a favor. I would kill a badly injured deer without remorse regardless of the season or the black letter law, but that's just my two cents.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

anyone near oxford / white township
Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

great deer, i think you did the right thing, hows the hunting in NJ i have always wondered....
Old 01-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

Quick Reply: Never see Jersey on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.